Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DS and psp for sale in dublin.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

kensutz wrote:
    Ciaran did yours arrive? I got my tracking number but the site's in Japanese.

I had the same problem at first. Then I clicked on the big english button at the top. :D

It hasn't arrived yet but its in SDS Dublin so I should have it on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

doh! i cant check where it is because i'm over in Norwich and my email with tracking number is saved at home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

kensutz wrote:
    doh! i cant check where it is because i'm over in Norwich and my email with tracking number is saved at home

great game today by the way ! I cant believe they came back from 4-1 down :eek:

awesome game. Europe here we come!!

You happen to be selling anything else for the PSP L5?

• Advertisement

fight ya for em lol

I asked first. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 54,341 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ahh man i need a 512mb to save my games on when i get my psp but i dont have a credit card to get one off ebay

how i got my psp in the first place is a friend of mine got it for me but i dont want to be asking him again he has done too much for me allready

any one have any ideas

or
    any one might voluntire to get it for me [worth a shot]send me a pm we will sort out details :D

Ciaran500 wrote:
    You happen to be selling anything else for the PSP L5?

No i dont think so. Did you get the value pack or the standard pack?
    If you got value pack , you'll get a 32mb card, earphones, a remote control for earphones, a wrist strap and a soft case for the psp. I find them all very useful.

I got the standard pack. I'm just going to order a decent case and screen protectors of PA and a 512mb MS from ebay. I have good earphones and the remote looks very crappy.

• Advertisement

Ciaran500 wrote:
    I got the standard pack. I'm just going to order a decent case and screen protectors of PA and a 512mb MS from ebay. I have good earphones and the remote looks very crappy.

what do you mean screen protectors of PA ? are they any good and what are they

Its a plastic sheet that goes over the screen and protects it from scratches, smudges and glare.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9e-70-fd6.html

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Its a plastic sheet that goes over the screen and protects it from scratches, smudges and glare.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9e-70-fd6.html

when u get your one tell me what you think of it ok

snoopdog wrote:
    when u get your one tell me what you think of it ok

ive had mine for a month now, it will pick up fingerprints and smudges easily, not just the screen but the whole thing, i use a glasses cloth to clean it, works fine, i recommend a case for it too to prevent scratches. mine is still in perfect condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

i got 1 off ebay and bollocked it up

i put the screen 1 on..then noticed i had about 5 air bubbles ..so i took it off again and then it got covered in little bits of dust and crap which now dont come off...bang goes £6 unless anyone knows how i can clean it....

i also have the Value pack and i think all the extras that come with it are very useful indeed the earphones/remote are really good quality despite what they may look like...why they are white when the psp is black i dunno but ..meh

L5 wrote:
    ive had mine for a month now, it will pick up fingerprints and smudges easily, not just the screen but the whole thing, i use a glasses cloth to clean it, works fine, i recommend a case for it too to prevent scratches. mine is still in perfect condition.

is it easy to scratch the screen

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Actually the screen getting scratched is something I'm worried about. Hope Sony don't do a bastard Nintendo and offer a screen replacement service everywhere except in Europe.

snoopdog wrote:
    is it easy to scratch the screen

no, theres some sort of surface on it that makes scratching it quite hard to do. I seem to recall ign saying they used a knife on it and it didnt scratch. Theres no scratches on mine after a month, but i store it in a case when not in use

L5 wrote:
    no, theres some sort of surface on it that makes scratching it quite hard to do. I seem to recall ign saying they used a knife on it and it didnt scratch. Theres no scratches on mine after a month, but i store it in a case when not in use
    thats good to hear im going to get a case any way

yeh i use the little..pouch thing you get with the Value pack

i was..rubbing my nail over it and it feels really funny you can tell it would be really hard to actually mark it..everything just..slides off it :confused:

which is good coz im not buying another frigging protector to screw up :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Now guys, as much as I can appreciate your little club of letter box gazers waiting for the delivery of your new toy, believe me I went through the same thing with my DS!, where can i get an affordable PSP?
    I think another guy asked this too,
    Everywhere one looks its seriously silly prices so if people out there were not fleeced in their purcgase of Sonys new wonderchild please share your knowledge with the rest of us mere mortals,

ebay.com is where i recommend. with the low price of the dollar you can get it for around 300 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I recommend waiting, it is not worth the price atm. (unless you can comfortably afford it, then ebay is your best bet).

its not going to be all that much cheaper when its released here i suspect. You get a game usually with that for about 300 on ebay.

L5 wrote:
    its not going to be all that much cheaper when its released here i suspect. You get a game usually with that for about 300 on ebay.
    i got my psp standard pack + 2 games for only 330 euro not to bad eh

im not at home now but iv been told that my psp is at home ah man i cant wait

i paid £250 for the value pack and RR

its on pre order ere for £179,99 ..thats the Standard Pack!..add £30 for Value pack £210 and add a game..say what £25-£30? so about £240..meh its cost me £10 more and ive got it 2 months before the mad rush starts here of them selling out

i knew i wanted 1 but i wasnt prepared to pay a silly price..and tbh £10 aint much for the 2 months extra playtime i get :p

Questions:

how can i really clean the screen..ive noticed if i get it in the right light i can make out some marks i dont know if they are scratches or just stuck on marks (ive tried a sunglasses case ..cloth thing and some tft screen cleaners ..like baby wipes but dryer) my psp protector went double tits up yesterday as my dog got hold of the 3 little pads (1 for the screen 1 for each side of buttons) so thats £7 well and truely wasted...do you think i should purchase another?

do you think its worth picking up one of these newer cases that have space for mem sticks and umd discs..they seem the business! anyone got 1, the pouch thing u get with the value pack is good but its a bit of a tight squeeze and it has a bit of the psp popping out the top which i noticed today as i got a whole 1 drop of rain on it :eek: !

Also anyone else with the 512mb sticks getting 467mb?! i know how they work it out and everything its 468mb and in windows its 468mb and 490,xxx.xxx..does that work out at 512mb or have i been shafted?

(saying this i just got a red dwarf episode converted using what someone here suggested..a 232mb file into 74mb and its easily watchable! :D )

-edit-

ive just thought..why is there a "games" folder..it aint your save data thats another folder...any chance you can make emulators run on it?!

im the very proud ower of the psp now man its awsome the graphics are amazing once i saw Ridge racer my jaw dropped

how do i clean the psp safely and what do i need to get movies on to my psp

also im charging the psp by

you know the powercord of a sky digibox i put that in to the converter and its working fine was that the right thing to do lads

and one more thing this strange sound is coming out of the right arrow its a kind of squick wat can i do to get rid of it its so annoghing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

i think now is the time to get one if your considering getting one at all..
    lik-sang.com have just dropped their prices again. they're now:
    Value Pack $379/€290/£202
    Standard Pack $329/€253/£175

that price should be similar to RRP of the european model when it's released at the end of march, maybe even slightly cheaper..

anyway.. i've got a DS on the way today which should keep me going for a while..
    that reminds me.. anyone want to swap their psp for a ds? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

ViperVenoM wrote:
    Also anyone else with the 512mb sticks getting 467mb?! i know how they work it out and everything its 468mb and in windows its 468mb and 490,xxx.xxx..does that work out at 512mb or have i been shafted?

No that's normal, don't worry.

snoopdog, there's links in this thread and the other PSP threads on making movies for the PSP, use the search.

Advertisement