Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DS and psp for sale in dublin.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

PSP arrived yesterday \o/

I hear everyone saying this, but it looks so much better in person compared to the pictures and no dead pixels :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

movies is easy

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000980024404/

i use that little guide..if you cant find it anyway

the jap converter you download mine didnt come on..proper size so i didnt have the option to change language..if yours is the same open up the config ini and there will be a line

Language=0

i took a wide stab and changed this tooooo

Language=1

and wee English :D

dunno what else to do with the little powerhouse :p

you know the wallpaper changes every month..i got bored today so changed the date so id get a diff colour for each months..some are bloody awful (cough november) ...but August and December ....oooooh ave a look if your bored anyway

couldnt help you with the sound problem...but in terms of changing i got a converter thing to plug in so ..meh doesnt bother me..however ive seen an english 3 plug 1 on ebay for £3,99 i think it was..would save messing around if any of you are interested

..checked the old bank balance today..i really want another game..but i dont think i can :(

The squeak on the d-pad is a common problem that goes with a bit of use.

That power lead will be fine.

The games folder will more than likely be used for a couple of small games that you can put onto the PSP. There was some info about them in the recent firmware leak.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,341 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ciaran500 wrote:
    PSP arrived yesterday \o/

I hear everyone saying this, but it looks so much better in person compared to the pictures and no dead pixels :D

i say theres one dead pixel on my psp :( its small a white ,am i right any way how to get rid of it or can i

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

snoopdog wrote:
    i say theres one dead pixel on my psp :( its small a white ,am i right any way how to get rid of it or can i

you wont notice it when your playing games

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

L5 wrote:
    you wont notice it when your playing games

alot of the reviews ive read mentioned dead pixels too :(

your warranty doesnt come into play till youve got 4 dead pixels on it (i think?)

havent got 1 ..*touch wood* as of yet..but meh..we shall see im still basking in the glory of being able to encode an episode of Red Dwarf in the lowest quality settings and for it still to be easily watchable! :eek:

we are talking 25-40mb an ep..i could get 2 series on a 512 stick...6hrs worth :eek: !

ViperVenoM wrote:
    your warranty doesnt come into play till youve got 4 dead pixels on it (i think?)

havent got 1 ..*touch wood* as of yet..but meh..we shall see im still basking in the glory of being able to encode an episode of Red Dwarf in the lowest quality settings and for it still to be easily watchable! :eek:

we are talking 25-40mb an ep..i could get 2 series on a 512 stick...6hrs worth :eek: !

what settings are you using in the 3GP converter?
    what size is the original file ?

i have the psp and ds now the one i prefere is the psp i love it so class its going to revoultionise gaming

just need to get that 512mb memory card :( now
    and Converter 2.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

snoopdog wrote:
    It's going to revoultionise gaming

Really? How so?

• Advertisement

Revolutionalize gaming? Why you think so? (not agreeing or disagreeing, just looking for an opinion)

EDIT: Damnit beaten by Smelly. Great minds think alike. :D

i might have been over the top but the graphics in such a small thin handheld is remarkable

and we all know that sony will bring out another kind of handheld console in a lest 3 yrs which will have to be more powerful probly thiner
    to stay ahead of the other big companies ie Nintendo

And microsoft wil keep an eye on the psp to see hows it going and if they think its going better than they taught Microsoft will make their own handheld which will be more powerful

snoopdog wrote:
    i have the psp and ds now the one i prefere is the psp i love it so class its going to revoultionise gaming

just need to get that 512mb memory card :( now
    and Converter 2.1

you dont need sony image converter, use 3gp converter.

snoopdog wrote:
    I might have been over the top but the graphics in such a small thin handheld is remarkable

Ye, that's about all, it is a big hardware leap, but in regards actual gaming, it revoutionizes nothing.:p

well its a portable video and music player, you can view photos from a digital camera on it and it also plays ps2 quality games. Show me something else that has done that before, so i think it is revolutionary. As the Sony CE said, its the walkman of the 21st century

L5 wrote:
    well its a portable video and music player, you can view photos from a digital camera on it and it also plays ps2 quality games. Show me something else that has done that before, so i think it is revolutionary. As the Sony CE said, its the walkman of the 21st century

Again, hardware, not gaming

ok then, portable wirefree gaming. You'll be able to play against anyone in the world wirelessly as long as you have a wi-fi connection where your playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

L5, got that today. I think it was you selling Vampire Chronicles to me. Now to get my damn PSP which was sent out on the 21st.

Did you track it on the SDS website?

The seller we bought off marked the packages down as "minidisk music players" with a value of about €35 :D. No customs for us.

And picces: http://img136.exs.cx/img136/2152/psp7ev.jpg
    http://img136.exs.cx/img136/6940/psp10gu.jpg

kensutz wrote:
    L5, got that today. I think it was you selling Vampire Chronicles to me. Now to get my damn PSP which was sent out on the 21st.

that was fast ! glad you recieved it.

• Advertisement

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Did you track it on the SDS website?

The seller we bought off marked the packages down as "minidisk music players" with a value of about €35 :D. No customs for us.

And picces: http://img136.exs.cx/img136/2152/psp7ev.jpg
    http://img136.exs.cx/img136/6940/psp10gu.jpg

you play ridge racers in 1st person ! i find that view really hard to play, always need to see the car !

No, I can't stand it in 1st person, but I have no memory stick so I can't save the game. Every time I start the game its 1st person. Notice I'm still on the starting line :D

havent tracked it on the sds site, i presume it'll be on it.

You should make sure.

This is all I get on the EMS site

<Domestic information>
    Status Date Time Name of post office
    Acceptance Jan 21 18:01 WAKAHO
    Dispatch from Japan's
    exchange office Jan 23 15:55 TOKYO INT
    Country/territory
    of destination IRELAND
    Exchange office of
    destination EMS DUBLIN
    Flight date Jan 23
    <Foreign information>
    Status Date Time Name of post office
    Arrival at destination
    country's exchange office
    Customs clearance

Mine stayed like that.

If you try your code on www.sds.ie. It will give you a Irish code. Just click on that and it will give a detailed info.

L5 wrote:
    what settings are you using in the 3GP converter?
    what size is the original file ?

i use the lowest which is 216kbps :O @ 15fps ...and 32kbps Mono sound...that may sound awful but really..its fine on the psp screen it was a 175mb XviD that i did last and that converted to 38mb the divx ones seem to compress even more

Also Ridge Racer...omg i couldnt play that in 3rd person for money...first person all the way the only racing games i use 3rd person for are rally games so i can see how far out my arse is drifting along :p

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Mine stayed like that.

If you try your code on www.sds.ie. It will give you a Irish code. Just click on that and it will give a detailed info.

It cant recognise the number. I presume it's in Ireland somewhere anyways.

Mine wasn't recognised till it arrived in Ireland :S

• Advertisement

it's only 3 business days exc the weekends so it might be somewhere esp if it flew out on the 23rd

Advertisement