Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Corsa or 206 ?

Options
  • 09-01-2005 4:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

My gf will be buying a 2nd hand car in the not too distant future, and selling her current 00 Fiesta.

Question is, which of the two has the best track record of reliability etc etc. Any well known issues she should be aware of for either car?

Corsa v 206 14 votes

0% 0 votes
    Corsa
    100% 14 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

I test drove a 206 about 2 years ago and thought it was brutal. It had very spongy suspension and this only had 20k on the clock so id say the newer ones are the same. As for the corsa, theres not much to them. They are plain enough inside, the handling is nothing to write home about. One similar size car I did think was fairly good to drive and is a sturdy little thing is the polo hatchback. VWs are always a pretty safe bet as reliability goes but they will be a little bit more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Google the 206 for reliability surveys the results in my opinion are terrible,out of the two the corsa will be much better in my mind for reliability!
    You should also look into vw polo and toyota yaris if reliability is an issue they are generaly good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

See if you can steer (!) your girlfriend towards a Skoda Fabia.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

mike65 wrote:
    See if you can steer (!) your girlfriend

weyhay, someone's on the ball today :rolleyes:

If she's going for looks the 206 is the best IMO, but thats not much comfort if your stuck on the hard shoulder of the m50 waiting for the AA

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

mike65 wrote:
    See if you can steer (!) your girlfriend towards a Skoda Fabia

Second that. Fabia has been the best car in its class for years. Unless reliability is on the top of the wish list. Gotta go Yaris or Micra then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Girls like 206's so they are in demand which keeps resale values high. The 'multiplex' electronics in them are notoriously unreliable but apart from that there are no real reliability issues. The 1.0 corsa is best described as asthmatic, but there's no real questions about reliability but no real posatives either. If the fiesta is a 1.25, both will seem incredibly slow unless she goes for a bigger engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

unkel wrote:
    Second that. Fabia has been the best car in its class for years. Unless reliability is on the top of the wish list. Gotta go Yaris or Micra then
    Third that!

Advertisement