Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a CDROM emulator

Options
  • 09-01-2005 6:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭

I recently got Gamedrive v8.1

It's suppossed to emulate games so that I don't need to put in the cd everytime I play - handy for stuff like multiplayer on my home LAN, and just convienience really - I was sick of having to install no-cd patches for multiplayer, and then all the hassle of updating versions etc.

Anyway - so far it has only successfully created VCD's of about 30% of my games - it creates for most but the games simply don't run on the virtual cd drive (ie nothing happens) - or they message you to 'insert correct cd rom'.

I've checked what copy protection is on the discs and v8.1 is meant to bypass these - man, I'm getting so aggravated at all the rubbish products out there.

Anyone use a virtual drive that allows them to play most games successfully?

I'm not into cracking alternatives as I own all the games I want to play, I just don't want to have to ihave a multitude of CD's on my desk whn the whim takes me to play something.

Suggestions based on what you use yourselves appreciated.

B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

"Deamon Tools" is the best software I have foudn to mount disc image's, however Im not sure if it can create disc images, Alcohol can, but you have to pay for it (or get the trial version), Deamon Tools however is totally free, google will get it for you in 10seconds, it also bypassed MOST security systems, some of them, like Securom and StarForce it cant bypass (Securom detects emulation software, and StarForce is a c*ck in general).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

Thanks fo the advice - will have a look at it - I'm happy to pay for something if it's worthwhile, so anyone else that has a useful application let me now

oh - and here's a starforce removal tool, if thats permitted - mods feel free to remove is this breaks rules

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Daemon and Alcohol are 2 of the best available. You shouldn't need anything else.

Securom can be bypassed normally by just updating the program you are using and alot of Starforce games have now been cracked. (e.g. Trackmania and Soldiers: Heroes of WWII)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

The problem with cracking starforce games (I done it with Soldiers: HOWW2), was that you had to unplug your IDE roms (CD Roms, DVD roms, etc), and it simply wasnt worth the hassle worked out much much easier just to use the CD itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Theres a program out that makes your drives invisible to windows and therfore starforce so its alot easier now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement