Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

02 Skoda Octavia 1.4 - 2 timing belts ?

Options
  • 09-01-2005 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭

Does the 02 Skoda Octavia 1.4L have 2 timing belts ?

My girlfriend's brother has to get timing belt(s) changed and he was told it has 2 and would cost about 600-700 Euro to get it done (Skoda garage)....

Is this about right ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The car might have a drive belt (for alternator, water pump etc) and timing belt (for the cam)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

it has two timing belts and 1 or 2 drive belts. 1 timing belt connects the 2 cams and another runs from the cams down to the water pump and crank. the parts including a new water pump are 200 euro. labour at a non franchised garage is 200-250. however maindealers will want more for the reassurance and ease of using them.

personally i had the belts and tensioners and pump changed for 400 on a 1.4 golf and its the same engine. however the 600 quote u got may include a service and breakfluid etc. in which case it isnt to bad. make sure to insist the water pump is changed. or ul need the whole lot done again in a few thousand miles. vag water pumps dont last. they are a known failure point. the pump only costs 35 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

I got my timing belt done on my Colt about a month ago, got it serviced at the same time and it only cost €200 which was pretty good.

A lad I work with told me it cost him €700 to get his timing belt done on his Astra though - coz they had to take out the whole engine to get at it or something like that.

Advertisement