Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Elimination Chamber

• 09-01-2005 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Well, who does everyone think will win?

It should be a great match, and the variable of HBK being there should add spice.

I see the final three being Batista, Orton and HHH, with HHH going over Batista to pick up the win.

I also expect HBK to screw Edge somehow, setting them up for a match at WM20.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i expect Batista to win or eliminate HHH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Yup id say Bastista to have a place in the final two anyways, weather or not he wins it who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭irishman_abroad

I actually dont know who will win the strap but I think its between batista, HHH and randy. Cant see big Dave turning on trips ..... yet. Lookin forward to it tho.

On a side note wholl be staying up to watch it live. I'll be up as long as I can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've heard Batista and Triple H won't feud until after Wrestlemania so I can't see anything happening.It is just a teaser for the fans like Randy and Triple H in the last Elimination Chamber.

I see Benoit being eliminated first(unfortunatly because he should win).

Batista will eliminate Y2J and Edge(Michaels will probably be involved in Edge's elimination)

The final three will be Orton,Triple H and Batista.Orton will pin Batista and this will set up a showdown between Orton and Triple H which will see Michaels getting knocked out somehow(Edge returns and does it maybe?)
    This allows Triple H to cheat and beat Orton and walk out with the belt.

OK,I've made some big claims but we'll see who is proved right!

Im staying up also, missed the first one live not gonna miss this one, they are some big claims mr big but would be good if it comes to pass.

• Advertisement

jonnybadd wrote:
    Im staying up also, missed the first one live not gonna miss this one, they are some big claims mr big but would be good if it comes to pass.

Heh you talkin bout RAW???

This is New Years Revolution

Yes, i know i ment i missed the first elimination chamber at summerslam live, so im not gonna miss this one

Ok only kiddin n anyways

Right sorry been awake nearly two days now straight, the part of my brain that detects sarcasm has broken i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

HHH doesnt loose the big ones im afraid. We all know he'll win tonight and ortan will win the rumble. Compete tripe if thats the way it turns out. Batista and HHH should be the last 2. with Ortan going out first tonight. He's a loser and i hope vince begins to see it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

im stayin up to watch this but if hunter wins, which seems most likely, i'll be pissed and will feel like ive just wasted a good nights sleep.
    just watching heat right now, how in the blue hell is maven getting an ic title shot?

im watching heat too, Im thinking about going asleep, setting the alarm for about 3 and then getting up to look at the last match because the rest of the card is piss poor. Its a one match ppv if there is such a thing.

If i go asleep ill never get up for the main event, plus im knda looking forward to kane v snitsky, hopefully it'll be a blood bath or have some serious spots, wait a minute what the hell am i talking about, they'll save all that for the main event.

What A Crock Of Sh1t, If You Haven't Seen It Dont Even Bother With The Replay, Waste Of Time. Hhh Is A Dick, What Was The Point In Taking The Title Off Him In The First Place If He Gets It Back 3 Weeks Later? Im Sick Of The Wwe, I Stupidly Thought The New Year Would Bring Some Promise But Its Just Gonna Be Another Year Of The Same Crap.

Yup i concur

Ditto

I was up, nose pressed to the TV, waiting for trips to tap. Then deflated sat down and waited for the inevitable.

Why bother taking it off him in the first place???????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I agree with previous three comments! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

By the way.
    Did you see the ad for RR? ****in Hilarious!
    All the wwe guys dressed up and singing as if theyre in a musical!
    Its well done! Unlike last nites PPV

Ya best bit o the night

How bad was dat lads? And they expect us to fork out money for the royal rumble. The usa peeps arent happy, it cost 35 dollars for that trash of a show. What did Randy Ortan do in the main event? did he do anything except punch, kick and stunn...eerrr rko.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

all that matches seemed rushed for the main event... Except Kane Snitsky... Crap result... Fans went ape for Dave!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

It was a one match show, now there's a surprise!
    But at least the Elimination Chamber wasn't as botched as it was in 2003!

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

The Chamber was great though..it was built up perfectly, it wasn't filled with high spots but it was still awesome, H.H.H got a good shout too and Flar but of course

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

I didnt bother watching it but from what I heard im glad. What were thegood matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Im undecided about the result still, though I can see no reason in the world why the WWE are pushing for an Orton - HHH main event at Mania. Orton was without doubt the weakest competitor in the Chamber, yet he only loses due to a bit of cheatng. What bile. What utter boll0x.

As for the match itself, i thought Y2J and Benoit were the MVPs. Edge also was very solid. Orton brought absolutely nothing to the ring. HHH took some great beatrings, and Batista looked a powerhouse. Edge and HBK certainly seem to have their feud up and running full tilt as well.

it was a great match, right up to the last five minutes. Overall the best EC match so far, but the very first one had the best conclusion. The 2nd one was just rubbish.

If the WWE are really looking to the future, it needs to be (and I cant believe I am going to say this) Edge/Jericho/Benoit/Kane/Shelton in the main event scene. All are great in the ring, all are decent on the mic (obviously on a sliding scale Y2J->Shelton). if we have to watch stiffs like Orton week in week out, people will tune out.

We better see some serious storyline developments on Raw tonight or im gonna freak. I'm guessing that Batista will be pissed at HHH for not making the save when he was being pinned. JR mentioned it briefly so im hoping Batista will say he got a tape of the match or something and saw HHH stand up and then sit back down again when he was being pinned by orton.

I actually feel sorry for Orton, he wasn't given anything to work with in the match, just his low blow to Batista which made him look even worse. Anybodys guess to where the WWE are going to take him from here?

Y2J was great and so was Benoit, they stole the show, too bad they were not involved in any storylines.

I was so hoping Batista was going to just stand by and let HHH tap out when he was released from his chamber, but I guess its still to soon for that. I can see the WWE milking this eventual evolution split up for a while to come, unless Batista freaks at HHH over not making the save, which he probably wont.

I actually feel sorry for Orton, he wasn't given anything to work with in the match, just his low blow to Batista which made him look even worse. Anybodys guess to where the WWE are going to take him from here?

Feel sorry for him? he was in the match 20+ minutes, and he created nothing. If he were the true main eventer the wwe obviously wants him to be, he would make his own spots, like Edge, Benoit and Y2J did. He wa so inneffective in the mact it was purile to see him lose through cheating.

Oh, and my guess is that we will see him win the rumble leading to a main event at WM! Hhhhmmmm, wait a sec, we all knew that before the EC, NOTHING has changed :rolleyes:

I've heard Batista and Triple H won't feud until after Wrestlemania so I can't see anything happening.It is just a teaser for the fans like Randy and Triple H in the last Elimination Chamber.

I see Benoit being eliminated first(unfortunatly because he should win).

Batista will eliminate Y2J and Edge(Michaels will probably be involved in Edge's elimination)

The final three will be Orton,Triple H and Batista.Orton will pin Batista and this will set up a showdown between Orton and Triple H which will see Michaels getting knocked out somehow(Edge returns and does it maybe?)
    This allows Triple H to cheat and beat Orton and walk out with the belt.

OK,I've made some big claims but we'll see who is proved right!

Ok,aside from getting one or two things wrong,pretty much what I described happened.What does that tell you?It tells you that the WWE is too damn predictable!
    Have you people lost your minds?The Chamber was utter horsesh*t!!!
    Benoit gets beaten CLEANLY AGAIN by Batista and once more has to job to Triple H's buddies and then we have to put up with Triple H,Batista and Orton in the final three.I knew once that happened that Triple H would win.

As I said,Orton pinned Batista setting up a Triple H/Orton showdown and Triple h cheats to win.
    The nepotism in the WWE is poisoning wrestling!

New Year's Revolution was the worst WWE PPV since Summerslam 2004.
    What can I say except that the WWE is now absolute b*llocks!F*ck the WWE and F*ck Triple H and his buddies. :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

It wasnt so bad. The chamber was awsome right up untill Benoit and Jericho were eliminated. The result sucks ball's but what do you expect. I'm not as impressed by Dave Batista as the crowd seemed to be. Being 300lb. and be able to do 2 move's seems to be good enough to get push theess day's.
    Good to see E&C back together and scheming again.
    Meavin is good on the mike. Even though we were cheated out of our secound match in a row (after Lita landing awkardly agian) the segment still had entertainment as did the tag match. No play by play on the Jerry Lawler V Mohamid Hassin? Whats up with that

• Advertisement

Yeah the no commentary was a mistake...can't see why Coach just didn't come down for it seeing as though he was out afterwards. I agree about Maven being good on the mic and it might just be me but he's one helluva heel! He gets booed out of the building where ever he goes and the great thing is he seems to enjoy it, brings me back to the days of The Rock being heel. They say the match was short because Maven was sucking at house shows but come on!?!...looks at King v Hassan!?!, Eugene broke character!, can't understand why they didn't just let Regal lose it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

gimmick wrote:
    Edge also was very solid.

If the WWE are really looking to the future, it needs to be (and I cant believe I am going to say this) Edge/Jericho/Benoit/Kane/Shelton in the main event scene.

Delighted to see you're coming around to Mr. Copeland a bit, Gimmick.
    I'd agree with your other picks as well, with perhaps Batista up there too.

But unfortunately, as Sunday only confimed even more, the RAW world will continue to revolve around the golden son in law. And with 10 world titles to his name now (in 5 and a half years, how ridiculous is that), he's definitely looking to break Flair's 16 time record.So wer'e in for a lot more of the Game unless he meets with an Austin type injury (Even then he'd probably still winmatches)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

Utter crap.

Elimination chamber was great until it went down to the last 3. Same old bull after that. I was full sure that Batista wouldn't help triple H out of the crossface when he got released, but he did, then i was hoping that he would take out triple h to win it himself, but noooo....Orton takes him out. Then he takes out Orton for trips to win it.

So now all I can hope for is that he supposedly sees the tape of HHH not getting up to help him when he was pinned, and then he turns...

Anyone would have been better than Triple HHH to win it :(

They are gonna kill the WWE if they keep this crap up. Just because hes bangin Stephanie doesn't mean he's God Almighty.

Also, the advert for the RR was hilarious :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

typical, predictable crap. i watched some TNA after though, that cheered me up. :p

Very True...maybe just maybe they'll have seen the light in Jericho and Benoits performances, especially Jericho he was friggin awesome I watched it live just to see Jericho in the main event and he didn't disappoint...Maybe Orton will take on H.H.H at the Royal Rumble instead and Batista will win the rumble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Benoit was awsome, Back only a few year's after major neck surger and still goin for diving headbuts from such a hieght.

• Advertisement

For me its not a case of HHHating, but a case of wanting to be kept entertained, and lets face it, ever since Trips returned from his injury in 2002, he has held the title pretty much constantly. He has certainly held it for more than 20 of the 36 months that he is back.

Raw nees to be freshened up. HHH as champ is not fresh, its not original, its not exciting, it wont get ratings up, and it certainly wont get bums on seats for house shows or buys for its PPVs.

Benoit was awsome, Back only a few year's after major neck surger and still goin for diving headbuts from such a hieght.

Absolutely fantastic spot, and HHH sold it very well also.

Hopefully after watching the EC match the WWE realise that the future entertainment lies in the hands of guys like Benoit, Jericho, Edge and so on.

Any, fúck this, Im repeating myself now.

gimmick wrote:
    Hopefully after watching the EC match the WWE realise that the future entertainment lies in the hands of guys like Benoit, Jericho, Edge and so on.

Fat chance of that happening although I share your hope that it does.Unfortunatly I think Benoit will go down the route that Y2J went after he lost the undisputed title,in other words he will disappear out of contention.
    It has already begun with him jobbing to Triple H's buddies-Batista and Orton.

The future of the WWE will be all about Triple H attempting to beat Ric Flair's record of 16 wins.
    Also a push for Batista and Orton.

If fans want to send a message to the WWE,then they must do what some websites are advocating-stop ordering the PPVs.
    We have gotten them for free up until now but from now on they will cost money.
    I urge everyone to resist the temptation to order the Rumble.
    This is the only way the WWE will take notice of their crap stories and poor PPVs.We must hit them where it hurts-in their pocket.

Advertisement