Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsigned Irish Bands

Options
  • 09-01-2005 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

I would be interested in hearing any unsigned Irish bands that write and perform original songs.
    If I like you I could help you.

Please no HM or other such nonsense.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

All I can say is what an ignorant idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Nothing like an open mind, eh? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Nonsense eh? Says alot about your musical knowledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 IBEH

Nothing interesting has arrived yet. Much as expected.
    Just silly middle class boys who have had easy lives, so in an effort to rebel they slide into the usual cliches.
    One of you has used the name 666 - how scarey - but on your website you have pictures of your debs night - what a cnt. Was Satan invited, tosser?

There must be a good Irish band out there that isn't playing this game.

I hope so. Otherwise I'm off back home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Static-SC

Please just take your ignoranance back home and do us all a favour....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

If the future of bands in Ireland is decided by guys who go around the internet correcting peoples grammar and spelling mistakes then we are all truly ****ed.
    If you actually do have this power to sign a band to an overseas label then just do it properly and stop messing around. Most musicians I know, myself included, would give their right arms to have a chance at being in a band for a living and get some appreciation for all the thousands of hours they put in to becoming good at it.
    Just quit acting the prick and go listen the bands on the sticky in bands/musicians if you're serious.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

IBEH wrote:
    Nothing interesting has arrived yet. Much as expected.
    Just silly middle class boys who have had easy lives, so in an effort to rebel they slide into the usual cliches.
    One of you has used the name 666 - how scarey - but on your website you have pictures of your debs night - what a cnt. Was Satan invited, tosser?

There must be a good Irish band out there that isn't playing this game.

I hope so. Otherwise I'm off back home.
    Yeah thats it, pile up the stereotypes. You do know that it does make you sound even more of an idiot don't you? You seem more inclined to use them because you have no clue about the music.

And as for middle class boys being into heavy metal... Have you ever thought that they might be into it because they like the music yeah? Prick.

Okay.
    I am just a little frustrated because when I look for an ORIGINAL band here all I see are heavy metal copyists and covers bands, U2 wannabes and dancing lunatic boy bands. There's more to life than U2, Thin Lizzy and Rory Gallagher.

But it is from just this kind of musical landscape that originals such as the Sex Pistols, The Smiths, The Stone Roses, Happy Mondays, Nirvana etc sprung in an attempt to shake up the business.
    And before anyone attempts to give me a history lesson, I am well aware that all the above also had their influences (New York Dolls, Patti Smith, Rolling Stones etc etc......).
    Surely someone is out there?

p.s..... the grammar correcting is an annoying habit of mine, made all the more amusing because I make so many mistakes myself. It's good to laugh at yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

IBEH wrote:
    Okay.
    I am just a little frustrated blah blah balh, shíte shíte waffle.

Who the fúck are you though!? What credentials have you got? Is this how people now sign bands? Over the internet?

• Advertisement

Dr. Loon wrote:
    Who the fúck are you though!? What credentials have you got? Is this how people now sign bands? Over the internet?

Thank you for your kind words.

Maybe I don't just look for bands on the internet, perhaps I also employ other methods - but hey, I thought it might be worth a try.

If this upsets you so much,then..........erm....... well who gives one. I don't.

And stop giving me evils.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Stop talking about metal if you haven't a clue about what its about. As the goldfish said to the Abyssobrotula Galatheae, you're out of your depth.

Stop talking about metal if you haven't a clue about what its about. As the goldfish said to the Abyssobrotula Galatheae, you're out of your depth.

Okay, enlighten me.

IBEH wrote:
    Thank you for your kind words.

Maybe I don't just look for bands on the internet, perhaps I also employ other methods - but hey, I thought it might be worth a try.

If this upsets you so much,then..........erm....... well who gives one. I don't.

And stop giving me evils.....

What are you talkin' about evils?! You couldd maybe try to explain who you are and why you think you can "help" bands!

Dr. Loon wrote:
    What are you talkin' about evils?! You couldd maybe try to explain who you are and why you think you can "help" bands!

I don't have to explain anything. But I'm sure it's not beyond the capabilities of most net users to find my identity, I have included my emails etc., on here when I registered.

And as for the 'evils' .... this is just a reference to a tv show. A funny tv show - you should try and watch it - it just might lighten you up a little.

Peace, love and whatever you wish for, sonny.

Well, humour me so. How can you help unsigned bands? Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

IBEH wrote:
    And as for the 'evils' .... this is just a reference to a tv show. A funny tv show - you should try and watch it - it just might lighten you up a little.

What tv show? You might have mentioned that you weren't from Ireland before (or at least given that impression), and apart from a few british tv channels, i don't watch foreign tv shows.

Except german ones :D

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Wow you've interviewed Morrissey?? Hope you don't mind me checking up on you but well, you suggested it. Yeah you've done alright for yourself if I found the right guy. Journalist in Manchester? But you should just tell people what you do. I understand why you were reluctant to tell people who you were working for, but do you have some high profile contat or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

ibeh if the metallers havent scared you off check out www.emmacunningham.com (an IRISH singer songwriter)
    i dont know if the music is up & running yet but check it out..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 133 bust-op

Wow you've interviewed Morrissey?? Hope you don't mind me checking up on you but well, you suggested it. Yeah you've done alright for yourself if I found the right guy. Journalist in Manchester? But you should just tell people what you do. I understand why you were reluctant to tell people who you were working for, but do you have some high profile contat or something?

I've been folowing this saga with interest, better than fair city.
    How did you find this morrissey interview that IBEH did? I'd be interested to have a look.
    cheers.

Advertisement