Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legend of the Overfiend

Options
  • 09-01-2005 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen it? I was told that its full of really over the top violence and tentacles? Can anyone tell me where I could get it?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it's really,... really... really ****

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yeah.. It's pretty terrible. It's this type of film that gives Anime a bad name.

But I think Manga Video recently released it and it's sequel on DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

When you say its really shyte, is it just a bad story, bad animation type shyte or just so violent and bloody that its just not enjoyable?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Its called urodsukadoji(sp) also right? cause ive heard the 2 mentioned in the same breath, they have legend of the overfiend 3 for sale in town

I didnt realise there was a trilogy. Just thought there was one.

• Advertisement

Loobz wrote:
    When you say its really shyte, is it just a bad story, bad animation type shyte or just so violent and bloody that its just not enjoyable?

all three, except the animation and story are SO bad that the violence and tentacle rape aren't even funny

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Loobz wrote:
    I didnt realise there was a trilogy. Just thought there was one.

Actally there are four. the last two are in japanese only. Besides it's extemely Violent and ****ed up. Not a very good story either. AVOID IT!!

Fair enough, better off to avoid it so. Can anyone recommend a good manga movie with the following traits:

1) Great animation.
    2) Great story.
    3) Great battle scenes.
    4) Violence.

Pardon me for knowing very little about manga, its just something Ive recently gotten into. Im sure ye guys and gals could recommend a few.

Movie wise umm... not really a fan of anime movies, Princess Mononoke maybe.. i think there's some fighting in that, and it's a decent story.

I'd reccomend the series Berserk (you can get it bootlegged cheap on ebay) .. the animation isn't fantastically new or anything, but it's really well animated (google for some stills from the show), the story is (imo) far superior to the usual tripe in anime.
    The series follows the main character through his journey with the mercenary company "the band of the hawk" (i think..ain't seen it in a while nadir! :p) so there are lots.. and lots.. of battles.. and violence.. and killing.. and torture.. and murder.. and killing.. and battles.

few wars.. more battles, one on one fighting... demons, blood, a little bit of rape and sexual molestation and... more battles and death.

Great series.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Berserk, althought it's a series and some of the animation is a little dodgy.
    Don't let that put you off, it's superb.

edit - I see Mordeth got in there ahead of me.

• Advertisement

so there are lots.. and lots.. of battles.. and violence.. and killing.. and torture.. and murder.. and killing.. and battles. few wars.. more battles, one on one fighting... demons, blood, a little bit of rape and sexual molestation and... more battles and death.

Great discription, :D I may have a look for this. ;)

Loobz wrote:
    Fair enough, better off to avoid it so. Can anyone recommend a good manga movie with the following traits:

1) Great animation.
    2) Great story.
    3) Great battle scenes.
    4) Violence.

Pardon me for knowing very little about manga, its just something Ive recently gotten into. Im sure ye guys and gals could recommend a few.

www.animesuki.com Soukyuu no fafner. It's a fansub but its a great series. Definately will be licensed later this year. Download it off bittorrent while you can.
    :)

Loobz wrote:
    a little bit of rape and sexual molestation.

Man, that is a royal understatement. It contains a LOT OF IT. Like from a psychopaths mind or something!!! :(:(

I presume Beserk isnt available at extravision :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Heh not yet ;)

If your in Dublin head over to Laser on Georges St - sign up and they have a nice anime collection to rent from :)

Is Berserk licensed?
    I'd like to have legit copies of it, certainly worth it.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Berserk is LONG licensed.
    In fact they brought out a very nice DVD boxset recently according to articles I've read (but never actually followed up on).

Yeah, my bad, what I meant to ask was is there a licensed region 2 version.

Makaveli wrote:

If you have a credit card you might be able to get it off a UK site but not anywhere in this country... :(

You might want to try Sprigan. It's quite good.

It has excellent animation. And it's about a secret organisation trying to prevent the American government from using Noahs Ark to control the worlds weather.

There are alot of pretty violent battle scenes throughout the film.

Ninja Scroll is also popular... but I'm not too crazy about it myself.

• Advertisement

You might want to try Sprigan. It's quite good.

It has excellent animation. And it's about a secret organisation trying to prevent the American government from using Noahs Ark to control the worlds weather.

There are alot of pretty violent battle scenes throughout the film.

Ninja Scroll is also popular... but I'm not too crazy about it myself.

I was going to buy that but the censorship office made Forbidden Panet stop selling it... :mad: :(

Infini wrote:
    I was going to buy that but the censorship office made Forbidden Panet stop selling it... :mad: :(
    Really? It's not really THAT voilent...

It's very anti-american though... but only if you watch it with subtitles, the dubbed version makes it look like it's a rogue military unit working on it's own.

Really? It's not really THAT voilent...

It's very anti-american though... but only if you watch it with subtitles, the dubbed version makes it look like it's a rogue military unit working on it's own.

Not Exactly, They made them stop selling ALL Anime because it had the English censor rating on it instead of the Irish one. Bloody ****... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Loobz wrote:

1) Great animation.
    2) Great story.
    3) Great battle scenes.
    4) Violence.

Princess Mononoke contains all of the above, good dub for once as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Makaveli wrote:

I doubt Berserk will be seeing a R2 release (in UK and Ireland at least) anytime soon, unless someone licenses it off Media Blasters (which is unlikely).

However you can go down the R1 route and get the entire series in the "brick" format (no amaray cases, just one big box to house all the discs). At as little as $55, it's a steal.

bootleg is more of a steal. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

The lack of urotsukidoji appreciation in this thread is upsetting, sure its pretty bad, but it was one of the first manga movies i ever saw when i was 14, and freaked me out and piqued my interest in the genre at the same time when there wasn't much else around to see.

How can you not like giant, demon summoning, nazi rape machines? :D

But for somone coming to it now with the wealth of good anime available it's a pretty poor offering.

I bought it for a fiver on video just because... well, it's the overfiend

still an awful, awful film though :)

Mordeth wrote:
    bootleg is more of a steal. :)

I have the bootleg.

"Insert translation later" isn't that one of the sub lines, lazy fansubbers. :D

• Advertisement

I bought it from HMV then I copied them and brought it back for a different video because I wanted both but couldn't affoard the two... :(:(

Advertisement