Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legend of the Overfiend

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

"Insert translation later" isn't that one of the sub lines, lazy fansubbers.

lol, yeah. that's farking brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Kain

Crap film i thought.
    Didn't understand the end of the last film. Can somebody help?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Kain wrote:
    Crap film i thought.
    Didn't understand the end of the last film. Can somebody help?

I believe its probably because the existing footage that was released was already heavily edited. If you look closely on the second part you might notice some of the heavy editing. It's also there in the first one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Makaveli wrote:
    Berserk, althought it's a series and some of the animation is a little dodgy.
    Don't let that put you off, it's superb............

This man knows something good when he sees it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dragonjohn

I have seen them both and they kick ass!
    ]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Ive seen four , pretty heavy stuff , and believe it or not the ones here are heavily edited with the really nasty stuff taken out !!

It beggars belief what was taken out when you see whats left in dont ya think ? These were considered extreme adult entertainment in Japan and the actual original episodes very hard to come by these days , there are 12 original episodes ,

but who would want them !!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urotsukidoji

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭sneakerfreak

The uncut versions of episode 1 and 2 are available from Eurotika on South William Street (in the basement beside powerscourt townhouse),just a short walk up the street from Lazer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cuongnet

The funny part is that he'd been run out of the library for that before, as well. I wonder if the parents knew about the prior incidents. If I knew my kid liked to have lightsaber practice with Hand Solo at the local library, I don't think I'd be opening the door when I saw a reporter and a camera out front.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Loobz wrote: »
    Has anyone seen it? I was told that its full of really over the top violence and tentacles? Can anyone tell me where I could get it?

Its full of sex, drugs, rock and roll and teenagers. Yeah, the makings of a good film there :rolleyes:. Its pure garbage unless you like hentai.

Also, stay away from violence jack.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I had the misfortune of watching this film recently and honestly thought it was one of the weakest I have ever seen. The 'extreme' material is in there purely for shock value, the story is absolute garbage and overall it is just utter garbage.

The dub is admirably hilarious though. Such bad use of cuss words :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Full_Circle

I actually felt physically sick after watching this film. If you could somehow ignore all the sexual depravity going on, the plot itself is impenetrable (no pun intended!). Avoid at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 AStranger

You dont get much more twisted than this movie really do you. unless you go and do something stupid like watch Animal Farm or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,004 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I don't know why you're all so shocked. If you're watching Legend of the Overfiend, it's the westernized version which compiled the first three parts of Urotsukidoji into one film and edited out all the really explicit parts.

If you want to watch it as originally intended, check out the perfect collection version.

First three eps are great. The animation is better than people like to admit.

Parts II - V are all pretty rubbish though :( Getting worse as they progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

AStranger wrote: »
    You dont get much more twisted than this movie really do you. unless you go and do something stupid like watch Animal Farm or something...

I think there should be a distinction between Animal Farm (Orson Wells) and Animal Farm (Ahem....).

They are not right I tells you! Either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 AStranger

one movie, a interesting study of society and politics, the other, ..., ahem...

Advertisement