Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A positive nightclub thread for once!

• 09-01-2005 5:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭

Hey there people. Was in town last night with my friends, and decided not to drink cos of bad memories of my new years day hangover :eek: We went to Zanzibar in the end, and you can imagine my suprise when I ordered a pint of blackcurrant and only had to pay 50 cent for it! This was in the upstairs part, for some reason it cost 1 euro a pint downstairs but on 50 cent upstairs :confused: Anyway I didn't mind - I spent a grand total of 3 euro on drink all night!

Also I noticed that they were advertising bottles of stella and rolling rock for just 3 euro (they were the "bottles of the month" I think) which was pretty good too. I'm not mad about the club, but I was quite impressed with the prices :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Yeah they often do 3 euro a bottle. Once they had 3 euro for a pint bottle of Tiger beer, which is lovely. Normally pints are 5 euro though. Its quite sobering when you hand over a tenner for two pints and get no change. Its also 7 euro to get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

only 50 cent for some water and cordial that they give away as free mixers?
    what a ****ing bargain!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

You can get bottles of stella and rolling rock for 1 euro in most shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Giblet wrote:
    You can get bottles of stella and rolling rock for 1 euro in most shops.

In fact Tesco were doing 2 dozen bottles for 20.99 in the run up to xmas; guess we know who bought em all now. Nothing wrong with 210% profit...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

That's class. I've heard some good things about zanzibar recently but never been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

50c? ANYWHERE else that doesnt cost a penny mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Untrue. most places (that i've been to) charge for that.
    Well, actually, it's hit and miss, some STAFF charge for that, others dont.
    usually its listed on the price list as "pint cordial", and is somewhere around €1, €1.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭maccydoodies

ColHol wrote:
    50c? ANYWHERE else that doesnt cost a penny mate
    I think your a bit wrong. Maybe in the ar$ehole of nowhere but here in Dublin they think they can charge what they like. i got the same in Citywest a while ago and it was 2.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

Yeah they charge 1.50 in my local, which is about 8miles outside of Dublin city. They also charge 2.60 for a bottle of coke, making it a ridiculous 5.20 for a pint of coke, when bud etc is less than 5. Such a rip off.

Advertisement