Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Agents Report to confirm football's worst fears.

• 09-01-2005 5:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭

I understand a report is due out in the coming week on the activities of agents within the English game over the last 6 months.
    The biggest shockers are.
    1. £5 million sterling has went from the game to agents in this period july 04-dec 04.
    2. Almost 80% of this has been paid out by non premier clubs (i.e. the championship).
    AS a Leeds fan not alone are we to be denied the premiership tv money after the initial parachute payments but most loan & transfer deals have the huge agents fees almost as a give at this stage.
    In this cup week & the so called romance of same surely this will help destroy all bar the larger clubs.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

5 million in 6 months? Not exactly a big deal..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Considering I would expect a small percentage of roughly 3-4% of the signing on fee etc, it is not unsuprising tht 5 mill has gone to agents, infact I'm rather suprised it was so low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭kilkennycat2004

PHB wrote:
    Considering I would expect a small percentage of roughly 3-4% of the signing on fee etc, it is not unsuprising tht 5 mill has gone to agents, infact I'm rather suprised it was so low.

AH but this in a period of very few transfer transactions.
    What must it have been like say 2 years ago.
    I think relative to transactions & free Bosnam deals its massive. 10 million sterling in a full year & the bulk of it being stung on clubs that are decimated by depth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I don't see why Players, particulaly in the lower divisions need agents. Clubs down there are finding it hard enough to survive with paying inflated fees for players. The clubs should all agree not to deal with agents at all and that would soon put an end to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭kilkennycat2004

Courtesy of teamtalk.com
    The report is now officially released & my own club Leeds top agents' fees

Football League chiefs have revealed that their clubs spent over £5m on agents' fees over the last six months.

The league's second Agents' Fees report showed an increase of over £3.6m in expenditure compared to the equivalent period ending last June.

The top spenders were Leeds, who paid out £1,553,688 to agents as they sought to slash their squad following relegation from the Premiership.

Crewe Alexandra were the only Championship club not to spend any money on agents during the period.

Football League chairman Sir Brian Mawhinney said the report's findings had to be addressed in order to sustain the health of the game.

Mawhinney said: "This report covers a period during which the transfer market is traditionally busy as clubs, including those whose divisional status has changed, shape their squads for the new season.

"Therefore these figures were always likely to be higher than for the previous six months and I would expect that pattern to continue. Nevertheless, too much money is leaving football through payments to agents."

• Advertisement
Advertisement