Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Change of ownership

Options
  • 09-01-2005 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭

Quick question for you guys. When buying a car which was first registered after 1993 from a private seller what is the exact procedure. AFAIK
    -the buyer and seller complete Part B of the Vehicle Licensing Cert.
    -the seller hands the Vehicle Registration Cert to the buyer.
    -the seller posts the Vehicle Licensing Cert to the licensing office in Wexford [edit] appears to be Shannon nowadays
    -they update the Vehicle Licensing Cert and post it to the buyer.

Does the buyer have to do anything with the Vehicle Registration Cert that the seller hands him. Does the licensing office post a new/updated Vehicle Registration cert to the buyer.

I have never bought a 2nd hand car privately before so I just want to be sure that I'm doing things right.

Ta
    BrianD3

Comments

Advertisement