Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook address book

• 09-01-2005 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭

hi
    i just reinstalled windows and had saved all my contacts in MS Outlook.
    but now they are just in the contacts folder and not in my address book (to send emails etc)
    how can i copy them over?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

What windows do you have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭tk123

There's a checkbox you check if you the contacts to appear in the address book - right click on contacts, go into the Outlook Address Book tab and make sure "show folder as an email address book" is checked...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

is it Outlook or Outlook express you have? If its outlook 2000, I think you just right click on the Contacts folder and go to its properties. In there, there's an option to add it to the OAB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭HacksawEddie

thanks tk123, that works. only 1 prob tho:
    now in the address book list, i have to manually change the "show names from the" list from a blank contacts to another contacts list with all my names in it..
    howcome i now have 2 contacts lists to choose from u know?

Try this HacksawEddie - Go control panel -> mail-> Email accounts then and pick the bottom option - "view or change directories or address books", hit change and then a new window will open - get rid of the contacts you don't want. If you're not sure which one it is then remove them both, hit ok (to go back a window) and remove the MAPI address book. Next add the address book - hit Add, Additional Address Books and browse to wher ever your mail file is.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭HacksawEddie

you truelly are a wise one tk

cheers!

you truelly are a wise one tk

cheers!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Advertisement