Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken Pox

Options
  • 09-01-2005 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

my Two year old girl is destroyed in chicken pox any help out there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

rorygbluz wrote:
    my Two year old girl is destroyed in chicken pox any help out there
    get eurax cream and it will take the itch away for up to 10 hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

Our fella was completely covered when he was 1 yr old, we used calamine lotion.
    We would strip him down completely & pour it all over him & keep dabbing more into the scabs till they wouldn't absorb any more. Put light loose fitting clothing
    on the child.

Ring your local doctor, s/he may offer an antihistimine or alternative remedy to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Both mine had it at the same time thankfully,

The creams are good but we also had phegrame ( sorry can remember the spellig) it was a kids antihistimine took the itch away and made them drowsey
    so they could sleep.

From akids point of view it is a nasty thing to get from aparents it there are alot worse childhood illnesses out there.

Do ring your gp or babynurse or pratice nurse for up to date advice.

http://www.baby2kids.ie/common_childhood_illnesses.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Calamine lotion, twilight, and lots of attention to keep them from scratching. It's likely to be a tough couple of weeks :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 rorygbluz

poor thing has it on her eylids too my wife has it also and my other two had it
    thank God...Again many thanks for the advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

well here's a few things, use calamine lotion or bath them in warm baths with baking soda, it helps to ease the itchiness. cut the nails short as it'll stop them from scratching them and forming scars. if they have a temperature or anything give them calpol or bruffen, DO NOT GIVE ASPIRIN. definately try to distract them from scratching.

if your wife has it she should go to the docs because it wouldn't be the same as chicken pox it'd be shingles.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

jinxycat wrote:
    if your wife has it she should go to the docs because it wouldn't be the same as chicken pox it'd be shingles.
    Adults get chickenpox, and after seeing my hubby with them Id rather have shingles.
    You can get oil in the health food shops which is very good for itching too, but id say the original poster is over the worst now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

do not bathe little girls the spots will go all over

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭Brian017

I like calamine lotion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Blinda

Do kids in Ireland not get immunised?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,412 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Not for chicken pox, they do get MMR & polio (and some other?) immunisations

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement