Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rio Carbon ripoff?

Options
  • 09-01-2005 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

I've been looking for a new MP3 player recently, and the Rio Carbon caught my eye. The cheapest I've seen in shops so far is in Currys at €260, which works out at $351 USD. Generally prices on the net for Irish sites are within about ten Euro of this.

I had a look at some English sites and prices are in the £180-200 UKP range, which converts to roughly the same in Euro, especially when you consider shipping charges.

So out of curiousity, I checked prices on newegg.com. Price quoted is $199 USD, which converts to €152.

Would someone like to explain to my disbelieving self why this player is over one hundred Euro cheaper from the US (alas that they don't ship to here). :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Part of the problem is VAT 21% - the other part is buyership - no way anyone here buying 5,000 units is going to get better price - than someone in UK buying 70,000 - welcome to rip-off Europe! :(

Advertisement