Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

london, hot spots??

• 09-01-2005 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭

firstly, not quite sure if this thread is in the right place, so feel free to move it mods.

ok, i'm heading to london with the folks on wednesday (12th) til saturday. i've never been before and hopefully my mum and dad will be feeling generous. so i'm just wondering if anyone can recommend any particularly good shops/markets/restaurants/places in general that i should visit. i'm especially interested in vintage shops (not specifically clothes).

cheers in advance ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Notting Hill and Portobello.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

I thought you were looking for wi-fi hot spots and didn't open the thread. I don't like London very much and stayed blindfolded last time I went until I got inside the theatre - then SURPRISE - it was Les Miserables.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

camden market

mushrooms

thats all you need to know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Assuming you're a woman... My Flat ;)

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Lump wrote:
    Assuming you're a woman... My Flat ;)

John
    thats some stiff criteria your setting there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

there's quite a few antique shops around Angel and a larger open air market on saturdays , camden is worth a visit too

Take a look at timeout.com for lots of info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

Camden is full of life
    Notting Hill / Portobello
    Carnaby street

what sort of 'vintage' stuff ?
    what growler said - goto http://www.timeout.com/london/ and have a goo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

thanks you guys.

timeout.com was pretty good. there's a play based on philip pullman's dark materials trilogy on while i'm there, which would be interesting to see cos the books are absolutely fantastic.

yossarin, with regards to vintage stuff, i mean bags, clothes, jewelery, stuff for my flat, etc.

agent smith, i'm guessing you're refering to magic mushrooms. can they be brought back on the plane cos i don't know if i'd be interested in taking them with the folks!!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Theres a store in notting hill gate with all that stuff. Cant remember the name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

camden is good.
    market in notting hill is really good and be sure to haggle!
    covent garden is good for funky stuff and decoration type things.
    china town down by soho (i think its down by soho) is fun for unusual stuff
    you could always try albert square ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

Go to see The Lion King in the Lyceum Theatre... It's a bit more expensive thatn seeing a show here, but absolutely amazing nonetheless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

The Church in Kentish Town on Sunday mornings :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Carnaby Street for clothes really.
    Spittlefields Market was a very good market when I was there last time too.

Advertisement