Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone Scam Warning

• 09-01-2005 11:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭

I got a nice message from a John Goodfellow (love the name) saying that a "member of my household" had won one of the top prizes in an online competition...Lucky me all I have to do to find out which one it is to send an SAE to POBox (Very long number) in the UK or call 1580 500 200 at a mere €2.40/min to find out what I have 'won'.

Anyone else getting this sh1te? It plagues the UK.

Regtel's code of practice:
    6.1.9 Service Providers must not, whether by themselves or by persons acting on their behalf, send unsolicited, random, or untargeted telecommunications messages and the use of Premium Rate Services must not be promoted by the use of such messages.
    RegTel

Phone call to Regtel in the morning then.....!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

MadsL wrote:
    I got a nice message from a John Goodfellow (love the name) saying that a "member of my household" had won one of the top prizes in an online competition...Lucky me all I have to do to find out which one it is to send an SAE to POBox (Very long number) in the UK or call 1580 500 200 at a mere €2.40/min to find out what I have 'won'.

Anyone else getting this sh1te? It plagues the UK.

Regtel's code of practice:
    6.1.9 Service Providers must not, whether by themselves or by persons acting on their behalf, send unsolicited, random, or untargeted telecommunications messages and the use of Premium Rate Services must not be promoted by the use of such messages.
    RegTel

Phone call to Regtel in the morning then.....!

I got the same ****ing thing. I want kill the ****er. What number i ring you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

1850 741 741

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

If you have experienced problems or are dissatisfied with any Premium Rate Service, contact the Regulator on CallSave 1850 741 741.
    http://www.regtel.ie/consumeradvice.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Thanks. I probably should have checked myself. But thanks again. did anyone notice it starts with going into someones voicemail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I got one of those calls the other day. It started of "You have one missed message..." and then went into the spiel. Thing is, I don't have voicemail on my phone, so obviously even that bit is part of a recording.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

haha I laugh at people who ring those numbers

Advertisement