Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You're A Star Disgrace (again)

• 10-01-2005 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

the only remotely talented person Sinead Hand gets voted out while the talentless continue on

I can understand the big fella with the afro getting through tho cos he is half decent (well not really) but more importantly he's so funny looking.

as for the rest, well you're lucky your from the middle of nowhere cos that's where the votes must be coming from.

ALSO, RTE couldnt even get the camera work right!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

ah people are still watching this. save yourself please. There's lots of other stuff on in the evening time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Ann Harrington....I don't get it :confused::confused:

She CREEPS me out and makes me laugh all at once...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

the big fella with the afro
    I was flicking around and I thought it was Dara O'Brien wearing a wig...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Reese

I couldn't agree more, Sinead was by far the best thing evening, I don't know what kinda teeny boppers are voting but they haven't got a clue! (I did think Afroman was good, but he would have come 3rd overall for me, George were just appallingly bad)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Instead of it being called "You're A Star" maybe "You're A Spa" would be more fitting! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

I was flicking around and I thought it was Dara O'Brien wearing a wig...

I thought it was Hagrid from Harry Potter!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

You are lousy gits the hairy dude is good but got a crap song, what I cant believe is that lot george are still in it they are awful to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

George were BY FAR the worst of the night. I was surprised to see them survive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I couldn't agree more, Sinead was by far the best thing evening

She was good - but Eurovision material? Nah.

She'll probably do better out of Your A Star

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Milkman Dan

ha ha ha!!!!!!!

Eurovision material!
    its mad that thats a phrase...
    who cares? seriously?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Could you imagine the red haired young fella and your wan, in eurovision it would be class. They can sing ish and the red haired guy is so quirky they fit the eurovision to a tee. Although I would put money on that George crowd winning youre a star, they are given the most coverage, but the creators got a kick up the arse last night when they were barely voted back on.

On another note I hate bill hughes, the fat bloke with glasses "Talent Exec" lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,165 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I can't believe this is still on...

last year's winner came last in the Eurovision!
    which demonstrates that he was not only talentless, but less talented than the cream of Europes untalented acts.

Is Bryan McFatten writing the song again this year - who chooses the song btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I must say I was shocked and disgusted to see Sinead getting voted off. She was definitely the best talant last night. I hope her career takes of and she makes the big time. She got my vote anyway :cool:

George should have been voted out last night. They were woeful :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Twink *shudder*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

Willem D wrote:
    Could you imagine the red haired young fella and your wan, in eurovision it would be class. They can sing ish and the red haired guy is so quirky they fit the eurovision to a tee.

After they sang last night (incidently I thought they were muck) yer one (don't know her name - not Hazel, not Twink, the other one) was goin on about how they would endear a European audience and how they could very well do very well in Eurovision if they were to get there. WTF?????? If that's the standard we're setting ourselves, it's a bit sad. They were nothing more than average and that's being kind. Jesus, James Kilbane was better - well ok that's taking it a bit far lol!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

the only remotely talented person Sinead Hand gets voted out while the talentless continue on

I can understand the big fella with the afro getting through tho cos he is half decent (well not really) but more importantly he's so funny looking.

as for the rest, well you're lucky your from the middle of nowhere cos that's where the votes must be coming from.

ALSO, RTE couldnt even get the camera work right!

I flicked it on last night and i couldnt believe Sinead hand was on it!And she got voted off which had me very disappointed!I used to be in a band with that girl and she has got serious talent!

Fair play to her though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Trigger! wrote:
    I used to be in a band with that girl and she has got serious talent!

If she has talent then why is she going on You're a Star!!??

I dont know why!? Possibly to show that talent!

I havnt spoken to her in a while though!Think the last time was in the early hours of the morning in drogheda!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I really hate this programme. If it was based on songs and writing talent and not erm, singing, it woudl perhaps have more merit. It's for the Eurovision SONG Contest not Eurovision Singer Contest!

Though, that is debatable also :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I don't watch it (would'nt be seen dead, etc.) but it sounds like RTE hav'nt learnt anything from last years disaster.

This wont win

this might

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,550 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Vote James Kilbane. Havnt watched this years show in protest at them Fixing last years show so James would not win.

In hindsight he was better off winning is doing much better than Chris Boran.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

That show is the biggest load of focking horse **** that i've ever seen, please take into account that i've watched some **** in my time, including the daniel o'focking donell show..

Shrimp wrote:
    That show is the biggest load of focking horse **** that i've ever seen, please take into account that i've watched some **** in my time, including the daniel o'focking donell show..

Why the hell did you watch wee daniel in the first place?

Would anyone else like to see some death-metal band representing Ireland in this years Euro-Vision?

Myth wrote:
    Why the hell did you watch wee daniel in the first place?

Would anyone else like to see some death-metal band representing Ireland in this years Euro-Vision?

I wouldnt say Death Metal now but id defineately like to see some Metal band playing at it! :D

Trigger! wrote:
    I wouldnt say Death Metal now but id defineately like to see some Metal band playing at it! :D

Back in the late 80s that was attempted in UK a fairly hum-drum metal group was in the "play off" but came no-where.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

This programme is an embarrassment to TV, TV programming and the Irish public. Who giveth a fcuk who wins? The so-called expert panel couldn't pick a needle out of a stack of needles.

mike65 wrote:
    Back in the late 80s that was attempted in UK a fairly hum-drum metal group was in the "play off" but came no-where.

Mike.

Well being honest a metal band would never really win it!its a pop world really!.....Maybe a rock band though but Metal, nah would kinda be pushing the boat a little!

True but the band entered with a dreadful crap 80s power ballad, you know the sort of thing...big hair, lighters aloft, bleugh! :p

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

elvis2002 wrote:
    ah people are still watching this. save yourself please. There's lots of other stuff on in the evening time.

Great post mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭radiospan

Glorified karaoke competition, tbh.

Advertisement