Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Point Pleasant on E4 January 26th

• 10-01-2005 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭

FOX's new mid-season 'Twin Peaks'-type show is launching on E4 a week after it starts in America.
    Point Pleasant – a drama from former Buffy the Vampire Slayer executive producer Marti Noxon and 20th Century Fox Television – the description of the project given as solely having "a supernatural series…[that] will focus on a beachside community that is turned upside down when a mysterious girl washes ashore."

You can read more on the TV TOME website

Point Pleasant TV TOME

I've been looking forward to seeing it since it was announced in pilot season last spring -- hope it doesn't disappoint :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Haven't got around to watching yet - maybe this weekend. TV Gal on Zap2it.com didn't rate this very highly at all (very OC-like, with an evil version of Ryan), and she knows her stuff. I don't actually have high hopes for it at all, but the concept seemed better when I originally heard about it and saw the preview trailer last year.

Marti Noxon wrote some fine Buffy episodes, but unless this has a solid premise, it won't be able to sustain good stories. Can't understand how E4 are starting so quickly when its long-term future in the States is relatively uncertain for now.

Still, best not to judge until I see it, but based on the review at zap2it, I'd be a little concerned it's not as good as we expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

I actually watched the pilot last Wednesday night in America, and I can confirm that it is indeed a big pile of rubbish.

Now, as piles of rubbish go, I had a great time making fun of it while it was on, but unfortunately it's all delivered with the utmost seriousness that it's not aware how crap it is. I'll still watch it just for the fun of laughing at it, but I'd warn viewers that it fails miserably as either a supernatural series, or a teen drama with supernatural tones.
    The production values are terrible -- the acting is woeful, writing/direction even worse, and the 'special effects' are extremely cheap-looking. The characters are so unbelievable, but the acting seriously hinders any half-decent ideas that are presented. The lead girl that gets washed up on the beach is just dire, and the 'bitchy girl' looks and acts exactly like Marissa from 'The O.C'.
    It's a shame the production team must've thought they were putting out a great supernatural series. Millennium or Twin Peaks it ain't.

Poor Dina Meyer just can't get a break with all these crap/cancelled shows she's constantly signing on to.. :rolleyes:

Advertisement