Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Connection Sharing

• 10-01-2005 1:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭

Is there any good software that is freeware for sharing a broadband internet connection apart from Windows Xp

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

If your os is XP why would you need 3rd party software? I've found XP quite easy to set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Terra

Yes but I want to be able to limit the connection speeds on certain ip's

For instance while I'm playing games I'd like to have most of the bandwidth so I'm not lagged by someone downloading stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

you could install something like netlimiter on the PC you want to limit.

That's not really an option, I would need to do it by ip address or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

yeh im also looking for a program that can limit bandwidth on certain ips over ICS

• Advertisement

Ok found exactly what i was looking for

It's called Bandwidth Controller Manager and it works with windows xp built in ics....

It can limit bandwidth to mac address as well as ip addresses so it don't matter if your using dhcp...

It's not freeware however I'm using a 30 day trial at the moment

http://bandwidthcontroller.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

looks great but not free which really sucks, tthere must be other companies which do similiar products

Advertisement