Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brothers in Arms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Been looking forward to this game for sometime, looks like it 'COULD' be utterly amasing, but it 'could' also utterly blow, keeping my hopes up though, as they do seem to have looked quite well into things to make it as realistic, and accurate as possable, could be fun just to walk in the boots of what a man genuinely done.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Pugsley wrote:
    Been looking forward to this game for sometime, looks like it 'COULD' be utterly amasing, but it 'could' also utterly blow, keeping my hopes up though, as they do seem to have looked quite well into things to make it as realistic, and accurate as possable, could be fun just to walk in the boots of what a man genuinely done.
    I concur. However I've never been into strategy games (like Rainbow Six) - plus the multiplayer is only 4 player I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

It's being developed be Gearbox if I remember correctly, and they have a veteran working with them as a consult them. It should be a decent game, and by the looks of it it's aiming to kick CoD off the top spot. But as said before, it could go either way. Up, down, left, right...hell it could even spontaneously self-combust and turn into a 3d platformer with yellow furry things that shoot smaller pink furry things with large pointy teeth at you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

wow. a ww2 shooter developed by the same people that couldn't even be arsed with doing a full port of the pc version of nightfire...
    i can see why people are getting so worked up over it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

That mg42 looks sweeet :D

13_outgunned.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Looks great but Gearbox haven't made a great FPS game yet just some fairly average stuff that borrows ideas from other games. I'm a bit doubtful but hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I think I'll hold my breath for OpFlash2

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Gearbox's website has a forum that the developers visit pretty often. It's pretty good.

This is actually Gearbox's first game. All their other releases have been ports of other people's games. They seem like a nice, hard working, dedicated games company but they tend to make strange decisions. Like when they made HaloPC online, they made it so that it was impossible for cheaters, but as a result the game was extremely laggy for everyone and almost unplayable. They blamed Microsoft and the whole telecommunications industry for that, so it will be interesting how they do with nobody to blame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Tbh you can usually spot a turd a mile away, when you know you know. This doesnt seem like itll suck, its whole tactical element might put MOH fans off, but it could prove something interesting for the rest of us. Im lookin forward to it, any release dates yet?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

If it's anything like Op Flash, but set in WW2 it'll rock.

That said i cant wait for Op flash 2.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Gearbox have made a fair few expansion packs none of which I was particularly fond of. And the Halo conversion was terrible. It was lazy not including the co-op mose and was a terrrible system hog for no reason I can think of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

is Mark Knopfler in this? :)

Advertisement