Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC monitor to Xbox?

Options
  • 10-01-2005 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Lads,

A friend is looking to connect his flat screen monitor(PC) to his xbox

ie SCART to DVI

Is this possible?

Darren

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

i don't know if dvi is possible but you can buy vga convertors which would connect to the older 15 pin monitor connector forget what it's called

Nige

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

you have to buy a vga adapter. google xbox2vga, that's what i have.

then you just need a dvi to vga connection. they're tiny, i got one with my gfx card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

quarryman wrote:
    you have to buy a vga adapter. google xbox2vga, that's what i have
    How's the latency with those? like is there a noticable delay between moving on the controller and what updates to the screen... just something I've been wondering about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

quarryman wrote:
    you have to buy a vga adapter. google xbox2vga, that's what i have.

then you just need a dvi to vga connection. they're tiny, i got one with my gfx card.
    Is it any good ?? Still same res as tv???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

no latency at all.

resolution is dependent on the game itself i think but its better than on the tv. i had done a bit of research and was told it was the best out there.
    worth every penny so far, looks sweet on my 21" monitor.

edit: here's the website. their email support is excellent. took about a week for delivery.

• Advertisement
Advertisement