Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My signature.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Jaeger

DeVore wrote:
    we automate the script that checks the images. 300 is what it is, 300 is what it stays at.
    There's my technical reason. Cheers :)

Can you show me how that script works? How does it take an external link and analyse it to see if it fits the dimensions? Never saw that in vb2.

Would this be ok?

And if not then this has to be right? :)

Same as #2 except bound together
    DeVore wrote:
    Its not just the mods that jump in to slag someone who (to be fair) was kinda asking for it. Its a big bad world out there and while I like people to be civil I certainly am not going to start going to ban people for being smart arsed to someone who was being pretty smart arsed to start with.
    What's this about banning?

Anyway, wasn't aiming to be smart arsed. Well, the jumped-up mod bit was meant to be cheeky, walked too fine a line there eh? Put it down to none of us knowing each other's humour.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Cactus Col wrote:
    ... Gardai are normal citizens outside work hours.
    No, they're not. They're still Gardaí.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Jaeger wrote:
    Technically, that should be fine. Quite nice too, IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

ColHol wrote:
    At the end of the day, to summarise what appears to have happened-
    Yup, spot on.

To Jaeger: By refering to you as a newbie, I didn't mean that you were clueless or inept, I was using it more loosely as a term for someone who's not that well known to most boards users, no offense intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Jaeger

Quite nice too, IMO
    Cheers, though I think I'll wait for an admin to give it the ok, I have this feeling of impending banishment :)

Noticed yer sig and not sure if you've heard it but;

If Bill Gates had a penny for every time Windows crashed, he'd be a billio....oh wait, nvm :D
    SantaHoe wrote:
    no offense intended.
    None taken there Hoe. Cheers for yer input thru-out :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Cripes Muck, seriously, either amp is right and you have no idea how this place works or you do know how it works and you're just annoyed that it doesn't work to suit you. I wouldn't be surprised if both are true, despite the contradiction that would mean. Now, you can vote with your feet as you've mentioned on a few occasions, but get on with voting. Others may be sorry to see you go, but I sure as hell won't.

Jaeger, there's a long long long thread in the Newbie / FAQ forum where discussion of the signature guidelines tends to take place. The script you request was written by Cloud and he might let you see it if you ask nicely. If you still wish to continue something from here but wish admin interaction only, then post in Help. The speed of response will be slower, but hopefully more to the point.

I should have gotten around to my boards.ie "so you have a problem/complain" posting manual over Christmas. This thread is locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement