Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do I need to setup a Media centre in my living room?

Options
  • 10-01-2005 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi All, this is my first post so apologies if it seems verbose....
    I have NTL broadband plus the normal cable service (not NTL digital yet). I have a wifi router connected up to the NTL broadband.
    Seperately, I have my NTL decoder going into my DVD player / surrond sound. The picture only is going from the DVD player to TV.
    I have no VCR but would like to start using a media centre PC for recording etc (plus a lot more).
    Any advice on what I need to look out for, or how to configure all this stuff?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭statto

You will need a decent PC with a TV Tuner capture card ( WinTV-PVR-350). Your GFX card will need a TV out (if you plan to use your normal TV). You will also need some sort of PVR software like SageTV, MCE 2005, etc. You will also need DVD or DIVX play back software like Windvd, PowerDVD or Zoomplayer. Also lots of cables to connect your PC to your TV and surround sound amp. Check out the MediaPc tread in the Home Entertainment forum also www.htpcnews.com. Just to let you know I am having quality issues connecting my pc to my TV – I have basic NTL cable.

Good Luck!

Advertisement