Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoW EU Final Beta

Options
  • 10-01-2005 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

Well it started on Saturday, anyone else in it? I'm suprised no one else has started a thread.

I'm playing on EN Final Beta 5, a pvp server. One character at the moment called 'Haleferon', a lvl 12 human paladin. Anyone else here on that server?

The queues have been ridiculous, I hope that they put up some new servers soon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

level 11 mage on beta 4
    i went normal server for beta becasue i knew waiting time to login on pvp servers would be crazy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

oh joy another Paladin ), only joking theyre uber in pvp, anyone have any idea hen Wow will actually be launched in Europe?, I want to drop EQ2 asap

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

I seen somewhere that WoW release is for sometime in Feb? that right? I've never played a MMORPG before and only got interested in WoW after being hooked on Warcraft 3's fantastic online play

its ment to be the end of febuary but that could change
    the game is very good but alot differnt from wc3 its more like diablo 2 but a bigger constant world with way more people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

When I played in the US beta (where's my euro beta code??) I loved the way the workers at the lumber mills said "Work, work work" just like they did in Warcraft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Any idea when the open "open" beta starts ie we dont have to pre order the game to be able to play in it?

n1ck wrote:
    Any idea when the open "open" beta starts ie we dont have to pre order the game to be able to play in it?

blizzard are not good on giving dates ,probably a good policy since most game developers do not stick to the ones they set

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

n1ck wrote:
    Is there going to be such a thing?
    If so, then w00t!

Ivan wrote:
    Is there going to be such a thing?
    If so, then w00t!

yup blizzard said there will be to fully stress the servers
    my guess would be 2 weeks before it goes retail

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I absolutely have to get into that.
    At this point I'm putting off buying it until I get to see how it plays, but I dont seem to be getting any closer :(
    Must keep my eyes & ears open.
    If anyone hears anything, please post it in a seperate therad.
    Cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Ivan u can pre-order and still not buy it. the pre-order is only liek 5 or 10 euros. THen if u decide not to buy it just tell game to shove it :D

+ you'll get a nice soundtrack cd for your trouble.
    its what i'd do if i wasn't playing the US version already :P

my experiance is the same as Memnoch's
    but also the login server was crashing almost once a day at one stage
    i think there is a very good chance this will be fixed by the time its released in europe

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

tuxy wrote:
    my experiance is the same as Memnoch's
    but also the login server was crashing almost once a day at one stage
    i think there is a very good chance this will be fixed by the time its released in europe

THat happened with the US version too, its way more stable now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Will us folks playing on US servers be able to move to a European one when it comes out?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

dapper i got the impression that we'd have to buy it again it again but i may be mistaken.

DapperGent wrote:
    Will us folks playing on US servers be able to move to a European one when it comes out?

did you have to fake your address to get into the u.s servers what will blizzard think of that ? :P

I was reading in an interview on Eurogamer that you'll be able to do it:
    Eurogamer: You've made it clear in the past that while you don't intend for European players to join in on American servers and vice versa that you will introduce ways for this to happen for gamers who really want it. How long will it be until we see that happen and how are you planning to handle it?

Shane Dabiri: As we have stated before, we will have an announcement on a solution after the game launches in Europe. At that time, you can be sure we will inform our audience just how they can accomplish that.
    Interview here.

tuxy wrote:
    did you have to fake your address to get into the u.s servers what will blizzard think of that ? :P
    Yes yes I did. I live in Australia.

Advertisement