Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

using credit card to withdraw money abroad

• 10-01-2005 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭

I'm travelling abroad next week (to Italy) and I intend to use my Visa to withdraw money from atm's if I run low. I don't have any outstanding balance on my credit card and I pay my bills monthly by direct debit, so I'm just wondering what sort of fees the banks slap on top of cash withdrawals in other countries. Say if I withdraw €100 how much extra will that cost me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

For some Bank of Ireland cards there is no cash advance fee if your account is in credit or the balance is 0

S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

hmm.. mine is an AIB card but there can't be much difference can there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

2. Cash Advance Fee

€1.90 or 1.5% of the transaction value, whichever is greater.

No extra charge for withdrawing in the euro zone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

moshpit77 wrote:
    hmm.. mine is an AIB card but there can't be much difference can there?

There seems to be a diference with AIB.....

Standard Visa/MasterCard
    Instant cash
    You can use your AIB Standard Card along with your PIN to withdraw cash at any ATM machine or branch that displays the Visa or MasterCard logo at home and abroad. *Fees & Charges apply.

AIB Gold Visa/MasterCard
    No currency conversion charges within the eurozone
    Instant cash
    You can withdraw cash at any ATM machine or branch that displays the Visa or MasterCard logo at home and abroad. *Fees and charges apply

Cash Advance Fee

€1.90 or 1.5% of the transaction value, whichever is greater

This applies to all their cards.

Sorry! :confused:

S

Advertisement