Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

must get new stuff..

• 10-01-2005 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭

Been out of the oul hiphop scene for the past year... so any reccomendations for new stuff thats decent to my ears would be sweet..

Labels I own pretty much everything on: Quannum/NinjaTune/BigDada/DefJux (bar stuff in the past year).. as well acts the likes of J5/Ugly Duckling/Dilated Peoples etc.

About the only thing I've heard good things about is MF Dooms latest.. this worth picking up?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah MF Doom is releasing quality stuff.
    MM Food is a great album, add Madvillain - Madvillainy and Viktor Vaughn - Vaudeville Villain, and if you don't have it Operation Doomsday is a must have really.

Do you have Mr. Lif - I Phantom? That's a great album too, dunno what year it came out so you probably do have it.

Nu-Mark - Hands On, listening to it right now. Really funky, very good.

Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Vol. 2 is a superb album. Quite political and angsty.

Masta Ace - A Long Hot Summer, my album of 2004. All great tracks, the skits are a little annoying but easily skipped.

If you havent got it already, DJ Shadow - The Private Repress is quality, but you're a Quannum head so I'm sure you have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Talib Kweli - The Beautiful Struggle, not as good as his earlier efforts but still definately worth the listen

Mos Def - The New Danger, departure from his older stuff, kinda funk/rock in it aswell,

NaS - Streets Disciple, not a bad effort from Mr.Jones once you skip the annnoying tracks, takes a few listens

Havent heard the Masta Ace, but its supposed to be very good alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Get some Jedi Mind Tricks into ye...you won't be disappointed!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

get that new ying yang twins - whisper in your ear . hahahaa you prolly wont like it :) minimum neptune beat and whisper rap. first i heard it

theres like 2004 albums of the year dropping everywhere in blog space. check em out. de la soul have an album out recent, grind date, Rock Co.Kane Flow stands out.

adnans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

one of my favourite albums of the last year was Fingathing & The Big Red Nebula Band

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Makaveli wrote:
    Yeah MF Doom is releasing quality stuff.
    MM Food is a great album, add Madvillain - Madvillainy and Viktor Vaughn - Vaudeville Villain, and if you don't have it Operation Doomsday is a must have really.

aye madvillany is the one I had heard good things about.. its in the shopping list.
    Do you have Mr. Lif - I Phantom? That's a great album too, dunno what year it came out so you probably do have it.
    yeah have it.. sure its on def jux :)
    Nu-Mark - Hands On, listening to it right now. Really funky, very good.

Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Vol. 2 is a superb album. Quite political and angsty.

Masta Ace - A Long Hot Summer, my album of 2004. All great tracks, the skits are a little annoying but easily skipped.

If you havent got it already, DJ Shadow - The Private Repress is quality, but you're a Quannum head so I'm sure you have it.

nice one.. i'll try and track down the nu-mark one, sounds interesting and I like his style... I'll go read a few reviews of the other two.. and yeah have private repress!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Vol. 2 is a superb album
    I'll second that.

Jean Grae - This Week.
    First female rapper I've ever really liked, it's a decent enough album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Aye, Jean Grae is a pretty good rapper, and as for female rappers she's actually not annoying.
    This Week is a decent album as you say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Is that the same Jean Grae who does the editorial on allhiphop.com ?!? just intrested.

Advertisement