Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting a PC with a Tweasers

Options
  • 10-01-2005 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

My friend shotgun emmet owns a dell PC and he decided to mod it, ha ha ha, funniest thing in the world, its the dell dimensions 8300.

He bought this case

Viper33.jpg

lol

Now he put all the parts from his old dell case into this PC case, to fit the motherboard he did as follows

drilled 4 holes and cut a square patch out of the inside of the motherboard support back plate and used metal screws to hold this motherboard down.

The pci screws are now to far away from the back of the case and is usining longer screws to keek them in place.

The pin connector system on the dell dimensions motherboard is really ****ed up

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

about the pin connecters.....................

the dell case connected to the dell motherboard using a ribbon type cabe which had the

(more coming soon!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

A Dell? Why? :rolleyes: :D

Sorry about that im in college and class had started, okay here we go with the pin connecters and the starting the PC with a tweasers.

the dell case connected to the dell motherboard using a ribbon type cabe which had the pin connecters already built in to the cable, the pin connecter thing is different ot what it should normaly be so the pin connecter (standard pin connecters) the pin connecter cables that came with the new case will not connect into the motherboard.

Emmet has a power button, restart, 2x usb ports, firewire port a sound and mic port all on the front of this lovely case and none of them work (they will not connect into the pin connecter slot on the old motherboard).

To start his PC emmet must turn his tower on its side, open up the side panel of the case and find the two power pins and connect them using a tweasers, amazingly he has not been killed yet.

Emmet is a physco and is about to post on this matter shortly!

Shotgun emmet will post pics on this thread to night of the disaster that has been his case!

• Advertisement

On another matter of the disaster that has been his modding his dell dimension 8300 PC is funny, the old case came with a funnel that was faced over the heatsink and had a powerful fan inside it which blew air down onto his heatsink (he is using a pentium 4 processor 3.4ghz) and he came to a lan Party with his new modded PC, he had to keep the side panel open and blow air onto it everynow and then. The new case came with a lcd screen which gave the tempature, the tempature of the processor got up to 70 or 80 degrees and the mainboard started making beeping noises and chrashed, hillarious! Thankfully he has now placed a mad **** of heatsink and fan onto the processor but i still have my doubts!

Morale of the Story:

"Dont Modify your Dell case"

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ShotgunEmmet

Rant on neon but your veinglorious boasting will only add savour to my enevitable triumph!

I have only recieved minbor shoks from my uses of the Tweezers! none of which have being fatal yet!

I only needed those longer screws to connect my pci to the case because the back plate and the screw holes i drilledwere too far away from the back of the case! i needed to connect them somehow!

and i hope in the future to disconnect the usb/on/headphone connector from my old pc and attach them through a hole in my new one! good idea eh!

And once at a lan party my processer shot up to 70C+ because i had no fan! and then is set one to suck but im over that now!

Sure!!! Sure!!!

As for neon his on button is'nt even connect and his restart button turns on his PC! like what the ****?!

7.jpg

Its only half as sexy as mine Ssseeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Expect much more breaking news from this poster! same bat-time! same bat-channel!

p.s. neons lan partys consist of him somethime me and a whole host of imaginary friends! but to be fare he does have a 16port switch 10/100 which i will steal!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭davie_b

As for neon his on button is'nt even connect and his restart button turns on his PC! like what the ****?!

7.jpg

Its only half as sexy as mine Ssseeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Expect much more breaking news from this poster! same bat-time! same bat-channel!

p.s. neons lan partys consist of him somethime me and a whole host of imaginary friends! but to be fare he does have a 16port switch 10/100 which i will steal!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

only a 16 port not much of a lan!!!
    oh i love dell so.... much with owt them i wouldn't have so many laughs
    have a look at www.midlans.net

Whats wrong with a 16 port switch, and my friends are reall, except for jimmy, jhono, timy and jeebo.

AND GISM MONKEY

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

an image like this comes to mind when looking at this thread:

nova1.jpg

Hey and as the cases go my case is the blue neon one, lol, um and at least i dont have to rip apart the case to turn it on first, lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

you crazy kids lol
    sweet case neon
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

oh the slagging :rolleyes:

Can we have a vote on whose case is nicer, mine or emmets, its a running fued since we started college in september and built/modified our PCs

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Archytas

Neon's is nicer... Sorry more subtle and not as gaudy..... That red wont go with anything in my room.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Neons is better in my opinion, other case looks crap

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

gline wrote:
    Neons is better in my opinion, other case looks crap
    A bit harsh gline, (still it’s just an opinion), I actually prefer the Viper Case. Hope you guys are letting those cases go to waist by filling them with crap parts! Post your specs so you may be judged on that to.

• Advertisement

My specs are P4 3.4Ghz, Radion 9800XT 256mb, 512ram, 120G hard drive, inbuilt 5.1 sound, 8 x usb 2.0, 1 x firewire, led display for; temp, time, sound, logo, hdd, warning sound if processor goes above 70C, 17"CRT moniter,

I have my friend alan here and he is buying the viper too and that picture of my case looks way better and that alienware copy neon has looks crap in real life, like an old christmas tree!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

, warning sound if processor goes above 70C, 17"CRT moniter,

where did you get this from and what is it exactly

jessy wrote:
    A bit harsh gline, (still it’s just an opinion), I actually prefer the Viper Case. Hope you guys are letting those cases go to waist by filling them with crap parts! Post your specs so you may be judged on that to.
    I did say it is only my opinion, everyone is entitled to an opinion ;) , my opinion isnt worth jack, lol, if he likes it thats all that matters

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

kinkstr wrote:
    where did you get this from and what is it exactly

Motherboard Monitor 5 has it. Class tool, think there is some others around

actually emmets PC tower/case has a lcd on the front of the box showing the temp, tis very cool but overall not as sleek as my baby!

Specs:

Win XP Proffesional sp2

Amd 64bit barton 2800+ (Geting ready to overclock the b****)

768 ddr 3200 ram soon to be 1gig

80gig HD with 8mb cache adding a second 160gig HD next week, raid so twill act as a 240gig HD

radeon 256mb 9600. upgrading to GeForce 6800 Ultra 256MB DDR3

5.1 surround sound card

2 x DVD dual layered 16 speed drive

Processor socket AMD Athlon 64, socket-754 up to 800MHz FSB.

Chipset Via K8T800 North Bridge, Via VT8237 South Bridge

Memory support 3 x 184-pin DDR-SDRAM with single-channel support for up to 2GB, PC2100, PC2700 & PC3200

(DDR266, DDR333 & DDR400) DDR memory

Expansion slots/USB/IDE 5 PCI slots, 1 AGP 4x/8x, 8 USB 2.0 ports, ATA-66/100/133 IDE

Integrated support Via 8237 on-board Serial-ATA RAID, Promise 20378 RAID controller, Realtek Gigabit LAN controller, Realtek ALC655 6-channel audio with S/PDIF interface, IEEE FireWire controller

Multiplier options Auto
    Bus Speed options 190 to 280MHz in 1MHz steps

Voltage core support Vcore to +15%v or 1.725v, DDR to 2.85v, AGP to 1.85v
    Form factor ATX 30.5 x 24.5mm

Ports back panel 2 PS/2, 1 serial, 1 parallel, 4 USB 2.0, 1 LAN, 1 FireWire, 1 mini IEEE 1394a, Audio

MSI_K8T-Neo_mobo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

neon_glows wrote:

80gig HD with 8mb cache adding a second 160gig HD next week, raid so twill act as a 240gig HD

You might want to check you info on that!

jessy wrote:
    You might want to check you info on that!
    hehehehe...Exactly

Also i noticed in your specs a lot of stuff "soon to be upgraded" so the spec at the moment is all that gud. And start overclocking that chip...LOL:D

who gives a flying bedazzel about your ports, floppy, or what you ate for breakfast! its all about the esentails!

Oh yeh! His case has a side pannel fan, a front fan and well thats it!

He even thought you dont need a heatsink and fan to run your computer! I mean talk about fry-up!

My case has 1 x side pannel fan, 1 x front fan, 2 x back fan, power supply fan intake and an aditional outlet fan thats 2, air vent on top, 1 x graphics card fan, 1 x overclocking heatsink and fan, and im going off to buy an additional pci intake fan! What do you think of that! My processer never goes above 29C (c = Degrees Celsius)!

Also all of those fans are lit up in red and blue and i must get one of those blue neon tubes for the bottom of my case, any suggestions where ot get!?

who gives a flying bedazzel about your ports, floppy, or what you ate for breakfast! its all about the esentails!

Oh yeh! His case has a side pannel fan, a front fan and well thats it!

He even thought you dont need a heatsink and fan to run your computer! I mean talk about fry-up!

My case has 1 x side pannel fan, 1 x front fan, 2 x back fan, power supply fan intake and an aditional outlet fan thats 2, air vent on top, 1 x graphics card fan, 1 x overclocking heatsink and fan, and im going off to buy an additional pci intake fan! What do you think of that! My processer never goes above 29C (c = Degrees Celsius)!

Also all of those fans are lit up in red and blue and i must get one of those blue neon tubes for the bottom of my case, any suggestions where ot get!?
    Do you have your cpu overclocked????
    neon tubes = peats or overclockers or komplett etc

• Advertisement

can you overclock a dell motherboard???? lol, but you still have to start you PC with a tweasers emmet, lol, anyway we have a temporary solution now for starting emmets PC, we ripped out the original power switch from the dell case!

Advertisement