Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerview and Party Poker

Options
  • 10-01-2005 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

Anyone using http://www.playerview.net ?

Basically, what this program does is it takes your PokerTracker database and integrates it into the PartyPoker game window, providing you with stats (VP$IP, PFR, Average Aggression, etc) on each opponent while you play the game.

I haven't had a chance to check it out thoroughly but it seems like a nice aid and I hear great things from those who use it.

http://www.chiplitre.com/ has a "No Chair/Dealer" mod which may help alleviate screen clutter while using playerview.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Hmm no interest. Does no-one here play Party and use poker tracker ?

Perhaps some screenshots will entice some comments

http://www.playerview.net/layouts.html

It's interesting how computers and online play are changing the dynamics of the game.

Poker tracker is a huge aid in gauging your own and your opponents play. This is not something that can be done in real life games. The online poker rooms don't seem to have a problem with players using PT as it is simply utilising data that is available from hand historys.

Now, playerview takes that data and places it onscreen for realtime reference, again only utilising legitimate data, yet giving a huge advantage over other players.
    i.e. I'm looking at a large reraise from my opponent and can't quite put him on a hand. A quick glance at his VP$IP of 12 and I get a fair idea I should probably fold. A simple example but you get the gist.

Online poker is becomming a different game to the real life version that spawned it. Any thoughts ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Can this be used with other servers also? Most people here play Ladbrokes or VC I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I've used both Playerview and Gametime+ on Party - GT+ is better when you're actually sat at the table, neater, easier to read - Playerview is better for scouting out potentially good tables as it reads imported hand histories too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I tried installing this and it needs .net 1.1.44xx installed.
    I had 2.0 installed and it wouldn't work with it. Then i uninstalled that and I can't get 1.1.xxx to install. Looks like a handy tool if you play on PP though.

Waylander, the problem I see on Ladbrokes is that your PokerTracker DB wouldn't be as up to date as it is with PP. Unless you keep coming up against the same opponents it wouldn't be much use.

As for VC is there a way to export hands? into PokerTracker? I didn't think there was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Ithink you do tend to come up against the same players alot on Ladbrokes, certainly in ring games at the same blind levels, if you go back you will see the same players most of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Not having played party poker much I have not used poker tracker and would not know where to begin to understand any of the stats provided. Is there somewhere you can learn this stuff for beginners?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Go to the pokerTracker website and look at the screenshots and stuff. There's a help file that can be downloaded too that's pretty good. It's not hard to use and is pretty intuitive. If you've an account on any of the supported sites and you play the ring games there then it's very useful.

I use it more for evaluating my own play that anything about my opponents play.

Yeah that's true Waylander with Ladbrokes and Gamingclub but I rarely see the same faces on PP (although I play on the others more), unless I have them marked for special attention :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Every good player on the 2+2 forums uses PT and alot of the winning ones use PlayerView or something like it. Even people who play 1/2 limit, or .25/50 NL.
    I'd say if you played alot online it would help a huge amount.

Advertisement