Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3rd Rnd Postponements and Replays LIVE

• 10-01-2005 1:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭

Jan 18th

Burnley V Liverpool SKY SPORTS

Jan 19th

Exeter V Man Utd BBC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Another £150k for Exeter.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

"Another £150k for Exeter."

Ya it is great for Exeter, I hope it keeps them out of the red for a while. Not sure if I will be as happy for them if they turn around and beat us!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Will make £750k in total.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Interesting how Sky are not taking up their right to screen a replay live, and are just showing the rearranged Liverpool match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Probably can't because it would clash with the BBC's match. Maybe?

• Advertisement

I Just saw that they are showing the Swansea — Reading replay on Monday evening. Originally, I was thinking that they might be able to show two replays from the Fourth Round, but either way there would be a clash with the BBC. What they've done is probably the only thing they could do.

So, we have three nights in a row of live FA Cup footy next week :D

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Shamrok wrote:
    Interesting how Sky are not taking up their right to screen a replay live, and are just showing the rearranged Liverpool match.

Shamrock

What is the deal this year? Is it that the BBC can show 3 of the 4 live games and first choice of 1 replay, and Sky showing one live game and one replay?

That's it exactly, Leonard. BBC get choice 1, 3 and 4 of the Round matches. Sky get choice 2. They both get a replay live but again BBC have first choice. They'll both get to broadcast one Semi live while both get the Final live. The deal is valid up to and including the 2008 Final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Shamrok wrote:
    That's it exactly, Leonard. BBC get choice 1, 3 and 4 of the Round matches. Sky get choice 2. They both get a replay live but again BBC have first choice. They'll both get to broadcast one Semi live while both get the Final live. The deal is valid up to and including the 2008 Final.

Are you 100% on Shamrok? My understanding was that BBC were the only ones with the rights to broadcast a replay live

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

KevIRL wrote:
    Are you 100% on Shamrok? My understanding was that BBC were the only ones with the rights to broadcast a replay live

Sky Sports are showing a replay on Monday night as mentioned earlier in the thread, so he must have the correct information. By the way thanks for the reply Shamrok.

• Advertisement

Just for the record, the televised Fourth Round matches were announced today as well:

Saturday 29th January: Portsmouth — Southampton 12.30/BBC
    Saturday 29th January: Middlesbrough — Man U/Exeter 5.20/BBC

Sunday 30th January: Oldham — Bolton 1.45/BBC
    Sunday 30th January: Chelsea — Birmingham 4.00/Sky Sports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

eirebhoy wrote:
    Another £150k for Exeter.
    They didnt get the first 150k for the postponed match. If the game had kicked off and then was postponed they would have got the money as it is now they only get the 150k for the replay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

irishgeo wrote:
    They didnt get the first 150k for the postponed match. If the game had kicked off and then was postponed they would have got the money as it is now they only get the 150k for the replay.
    Exeter are playing Man U, I think you're getting mixed up with Burnley.

Advertisement