Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Removal

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭Alun

landser wrote:
    This is why we have probelms withe feral cats. They remind people of their kitty at home. There is no moral difference between poisoning rats and poisoning cats.
    I have a problem with what appear to be feral children who seem to view my front garden as an extension of their playing area. Maybe by that token I could poison them too then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭landser

Alun wrote:
    I have a problem with what appear to be feral children who seem to view my front garden as an extension of their playing area. Maybe by that token I could poison them too then?

well, if you equate the life of a human with that of a feline, away you go. you may find that this is is illegal however.

but if you really want to go down that road you might try to capture the children and used them as forced labour instead. A big butterfly-type net might be of use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭Alun

landser wrote:
    well, if you equate the life of a human with that of a feline, away you go. you may find that this is is illegal however.
    As is, in many countries, killing cats and dogs. Not sure about Ireland though with its medieval animal welfare legislation but there you go.
    but if you really want to go down that road you might try to capture the children and used them as forced labour instead. A big butterfly-type net might be of use.
    Thanks for the tip:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭CookieCat

Why does the record never change...Lets poison the cats. Which says more about the Psyche of the person that it does about solving the problem.

Why don't you get on to the Department of Environment and push for proper places and facilities for these cats to be released into if they can't be trapped/Neutered and returned.10 Acres of park land would suffice.Push for proper grants to be awarded to allow rescue groups to undertake more TNR?
    Why don't you take responsibility and educate the ignorant, who allow their cats to breed year after year causing this pandemic influx of unwanted cats. Oh, but that that takes time and effort. :rolleyes:
    But catching children in nets, I kinda like that idea :D

Also. True Feral cats will not come near a human so that is a myth.That's why we have to trap them and not just pick them up :p Here kitty kitty. :confused:

CookieCat wrote:
    Also. True Feral cats will not come near a human so that is a myth.That's why we have to trap them and not just pick them up :p Here kitty kitty. :confused:

that's not waht i said. I said they won't run away from you unless they are threatened. when you get close enough the poisoned bait can be thrown to them. as for 10 acres of parkland, i'm not paying for that thru my taxes. these cats cause untolled damage to wildlife and nesting birds in particular. they are a scourge and should be treated as such.

i do agree with you that domestic cats should be neutered. i like cats myself and had, until very recently, a neutered tom.

• Advertisement

Again some misinformation here. The biggest killer of birds in Ireland are Game keepers/farmers. Feral cats and domestic cats on occasion catch birds. This is not as common as some would have you believe.They are however more proficient in stalking and hunting ground dwelling prey.Given cats do have a problem flying :D mice and rats are much easier to catch.
    Hunting and feeding are two separate issues, and domestic well fed cats are the more proficient hunters, as they are well fed, strong and are more capable than a feral.So there is no argument/evidence that feral cats are depleting Irelands birds.
    Again the solution of a relocating was met with I won't pay for that..What can I say you prefer poison.Which is illegal FYI and has broader environmental issues and consequences.
    Darn kids won't go into the net. :D

get a bigger net.

now, where'd i leave my endocat.

I do empathize with you. Cat proof your garden or sell the house to someone you don't like, there is always a solution. We involved in cat welfare are not removed from feeling empathy for the humans, I even married one.Don't you hate when men beg ;)
    Just keep your options open, when you get to the underworld god just may be a big black panther :eek: .
    Give cats Aid or Kitten Adoption a call, the won't bite...Much. :D

Advertisement