Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Star Trek galaxy map

• 10-01-2005 2:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

anyone who has one post it
    i want to see does anyuone have a correct map. the map must show all majoy powers and well as import locations like bajor Earth Quonos Romulus

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

their was never a map of the galaxy with all or any of the major powers shown on it so any posted would be totaly uncannon (i think)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

actually their was it came free with the model kit 1701 - A
    i still have it some where ill try and scan it , but basically the klingon empure is (on the map) 1/4 the size of the fed, and the Romulan Empire was about 1/2 the size of the klingons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

If it isnt shown on screen its not cannon thats what paramount says... tbh they dont show maps or say how big fleet sizes are on screen because if needs be the feds/klingons/romulans etc can have massive fleets or someone could suddenly become a major threat (ie the breen) makes good sence but pisses off the fans :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

2 instances spring to mind the maps that are canon was from the episode balance of terror, that showed the romulan empire, but it contained a small error in the planets names, they should have been romulus and remus, but the graphics show romulus and romii

The only other instance i can think of is the graphics depicting the klingon neutral zone in Star Trek 2 during the kobayashi maru simulation at the beginning of the movie.

If i remember correctly there was a map of the galaxy published in the Star trek fact files, while not shown onscreen they were taken from published trek works so could be considered canon

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

shinzon wrote:
    2 instances spring to mind the maps that are canon was from the episode balance of terror, that showed the romulan empire, but it contained a small error in the planets names, they should have been romulus and remus, but the graphics show romulus and romii

I always think this kind of thing can be rationaled by suggesting either Federation intelligence wasn't as good as it should have been, or Remus had two names at one point, that changed over time. (A bit like Dubh Linn/Dublin/Baile Atha Cliath, maybe. Or the way there was once Yugoslavia and now there are countries like Slovenia etc.

There was a pretty decent map made available via startrek.com during the early seasons of Voyager as well.

I agree most of this isn't cannon, but in terms of the information we have and the little likelihood of a new series set around 2377 (the last year of Voyager), it's as good as we'll have for now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement