Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ISM - Dundrum

Options
  • 10-01-2005 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

Hi there.

I've been driving intermittently for about a year now, took some lessons at the beginning but want to make sure i'm not picking up any nasty habits.

Have any of you experiences with ISM in Dundrum? Are there any instructors I should ask for, or avoid? Is it likely they'll let me drive my own car on the first lesson? I would prefer not to have to get used to one of their cars, and then revert to my own afterwards.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

in my limited experience I have been given the option of my own car or theirs. Especially if you have been driving there ought be no reason you need a dual control car and consequently they should be happy enough to let you on

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I think it's really your choice - when you drive in your own car, it is under your own insurance which is probably a bonus for them (I always wondered why you don't get a cheaper rate when you don't use one of their cars...)

I used the school of motoring in Churchtown (pretty much beside the test centre), and found them very good.

Advertisement