Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

already own house in uk , wish to buy property here

Options
  • 10-01-2005 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hi
    I have recently moved backed to Ireland after living abroad in the Uk for a number of years. I own a house that I am renting out in the UK, the rent is covering my mortgage there and I ahve kept my Uk bank account etc. I would like to keep this property as an investment.
    I would now like to buy in Ireland to be my main residence, would I be eligible for first time buyer status here(ie not having to pay stamp duty on second hand home? or do I need to declare my house in the UK.
    would having to declare a house in the Uk affect my mortgage application here?

I would appreciate some advice in regards to this

thanks
    margaret

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 erin

I am afraid you won't be eligible for 1st buyer as you already own a house in the Uk. For more information, please visit the website www.oasis.gov.ie this website has a lot of useful information in different nature about Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 maggie797

thanks for advice, will look into that website

Advertisement