Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem when opening a webpage in a new window

• 10-01-2005 3:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

when i right click a link and select open in new window it opens ok but the window in minimized and sometimes positioned off the screen to the right see the screenshot attached for an example of what im talking about.
    i know its prob a simple setting but i cant seem to find it in the settings

any sugestions of how to get it to open maximized

cheers

eoinf

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

eoinf wrote:
    when i right click a link and select open in new window it opens ok but the window in minimized and sometimes positioned off the screen to the right see the screenshot attached for an example of what im talking about.
    i know its prob a simple setting but i cant seem to find it in the settings

any sugestions of how to get it to open maximized

cheers

eoinf
    One of the IE annoyances. Maximise a window and then close it, try half size too open + close before opening a second window.

Since you don't mention the browser I'm assuming it's IE.
    If it was Firefox then you use tabs instead of windows problem solved :D

With IE you have to empty the cache every so often to clean down stuff - probably not the problem you have but worth a try.

Also which verision of IE 5/5.5/6 ?
    Not going to ask about patches since you should always use the latest patches with IE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

its an xp machine in work which doesnt allow installing programs so firefox is out of the question

its the version 6 of IE with xp sp2 so dont think its an update problem someone suggested spyware but i cant install spyware or adware remover does any one know of an alternative way of searching and removeing spyware

Advertisement