Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom router to Wireless?

• 10-01-2005 4:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭

I have an upgraded line from Eircom, plus their Netopia router.
    Currently using an ISDN line - different one to the BB - in my office (converted bedroom).
    Want to lose the ISDN number and go with one line only, hence the BB line.
    Rather than run an extension lead from the other end of the house to my office, which would be awkward, is there a way to connect the Netopia to a wireless system at the other end of the house, and get a good Net service in my office?
    What equipment would I need?

Have browsed the boards, Komplett etc., and have not found an answer to this, probably very common, problem.

Appreciate help here, as I am currently paying rental for equipment I have yet to use!

Seadeuce

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'm using this at the moment with a Netopia
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=304347&cks=SPC

no problems at all sharing the internet connection both wired and wireless :)

I'd recommend it, very straightforward to setup etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭seadeuce

Thanks for that, will go ahead and order same

Seadeuce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭wanwarlock

i'm actually on IBB breeze using a linksys wrt54g router. u might also want to check it out.

Advertisement