Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Abuse of offer? (free texts cut of)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

Im 18 and the bill ranges in cost but it's always over 250 euro but im tryin to bring it down now since "Daddy" stoped paying half for me. (Guilty Conscience... Whole other (personal) story) My bill's never been over 420 euro.... YET!
    For that kind of bill I hope you've got 30+ ladies on the go, but is there not stuff you want more? (Car, computer, move out....etc etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭inigo

Im 18 and the bill ranges in cost but it's always over 250 euro but im tryin to bring it down now since "Daddy" stoped paying half for me. (Guilty Conscience... Whole other (personal) story) My bill's never been over 420 euro.... YET!

... per month??? :eek:

Do you people study, work, or do anything else than use your mobiles all day?? ;)

I've never topped up more than 20 EUR in 1 month... Of course, I only use it when it's necessary (I call abroad too) and girlfriend also has meteor, so the sms are free :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i wish you ****ers would stop abusing the system and sending 200/300+ text per day....your wrecking it for the rest of us meteor customers, get a grip and **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

ferdi wrote:
    i wish you ****ers would stop abusing the system and sending 200/300+ text per day....your wrecking it for the rest of us meteor customers, get a grip and **** off.

With symbian phones you can send 240 messages at once. Theres as guy in my college that loves to messge bomb people. It can be very frustrating when it happens to you!

Cond0r wrote:
    This brings back memories of Esatclear Surf No-Limits back in the day :)
    Most of you probably remember it anyway but for those of you who don't, more than 1000 users received letters telling them they had not been "in keeping with the spirit of the <supposedly unlimited off peak internet> service."
    Those that complained were allowed a certain amount of hours per month for the original price as I recall, and those that didnt, lost their contract.
    Esatclear shortly afterwards changed their T's&C's.
    Yep, I was one of them. I called them and threatened to sue them for false advertising so they didn't cut me off. They mentioned a 75-hour per month cap but it was never enforced. I'm still on it to this day with no cap, hehe. Using it in conjunction with a 1MB/s satellite downlink.

I also have the free texts for life with Meteor, but I only know one person on Meteor so I certainly don't overuse the offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

With symbian phones you can send 240 messages at once. Theres as guy in my college that loves to messge bomb people. It can be very frustrating when it happens to you!

one day he will do that and he will find himself infront of a judge.

why do they call them texts for life anyway you have to top up €20 every month to be entitled to them. for a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

why do they call them texts for life anyway you have to top up €20 every month to be entitled to them. for a month.
    Because "Free texts for life, as long as you top up €20 every month" as a slogan probably wouldn't sell as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

what happens if u miss a month in topping up, is it only that month u pay for txts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr-X

lomb wrote:
    what happens if u miss a month in topping up, is it only that month u pay for txts?

Yep its actually once you top up every 30 days it doesnt have to be a new month if you go over the 30days you pay for your texts and once you top up by 20e again there free if you top up before the 30days are up there extended by a further 30days from that date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

KdjaC wrote:
    The problem was 370 over 4 days , she had €37 credit and it took it when she rang to get it back she was told she had abused the offer and each time she abused the offer it would take credit. And she wouold have to ring every time.

I smell bull**** with this as there is nowt in T and C about fair usage.

kdjac

So the limit seems to be 369 free texts over 4 days?!
    Thinking of the fact that it costs maybe 0.1 cent for the phone company to transport the sms from one phone to another phone inside 085 network, it's rotten they punish like this.

0.1c per mess is only a rough cost - anybody has the real cost calculated somewhere?

Tnx.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭8bi1ctzegfouva

try €800. nearly got sick when i found out it was that much, i knew it would be a good bit so i rang up o2. when the woman told me how much it was, and i didnt say anything she asked if there was a problem, i said nothing, just hung up. ever since then it has been much lower, used to be about €200 odd, but now i try to keep it under €70

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

inigo wrote:
    I think I still have the free texts to other Meteor, if I send them with my phone.

The web service (mymeteor) has changed and can only send to 08... i.e. to Irish mobiles. I used to be able to send 30 a month anywhere (at least to Ireland, Italy and Spain). Can they change that too??
    I e-mailed them about this, they have no plans to change this :mad:

Advertisement