Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gm corruption

Options
  • 10-01-2005 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

has anyone one read this http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?FN=wow-general&T=737960&P=1
    a scandal in WoW where a bilzzard employee is alegidly corrupt

the wow forums are a joke though
    penney arcade has an artical on it
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/

but what i want to know has anyone played a mmorpg with corrupt employees or gms?

i used to play neocron and knew of two differnt gm's that used to spawn items for their real life friends
    i was shown the items in a trade window and stats like that could only have come from gm spawned items

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

tuxy wrote:

Ultima Online.
    - GM Banned for spawning Gold and selling it on eBay.
    - GM Banned for spawning castles for friends and banning people his friends didn't like.
    - US Baseball star given free autorefreshing castle by the heads up in Origin (not sure if EA owned them at this time, but sounds like it).

Neocron
    - GM banned for spawning rares and selling them on Ebay.
    - GM banned for exploiting duping bug for friends.
    - GM banned for banning enemies of his friends/clan.
    (These were all old GM's, about 6 months into the game a lot of the corrupt idiots had been purged).

Other then that I haven't seen any GM favours a lot as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

The penny-arcade page mentions a problem with server stability, before summing up with
    there is a reason Blizzard has the reputation they do, and it's because they're supposed to be better than this
    ... I hadn't heard of any post release problems recently, is it as bad as that makes it sound? I'm hoping to spend some of my good money on WoW.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

tbh i didn't have a HUGE problem with stability. There was a good bit of lag at the very start etc. but more recently it wasnt so bad. The only annoying bit is when they do a weekly scheduled maintainence that lasts 4 hours. Which wont' be a big problem for u guys since it will be like 4 am in europe or something like that when they do it. But playing on the us servers its annoying since it starts at 2pm our time :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Shur that's when you're in work or college right so it's all fine :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Drakar wrote:
    The penny-arcade page mentions a problem with server stability, before summing up with ... I hadn't heard of any post release problems recently, is it as bad as that makes it sound? I'm hoping to spend some of my good money on WoW.

Its not as bad as they make it sound but sometimes it can be pretty awful if your on a busy server. Basically the main city for each faction (Ogrimar(h) and in particular Ironforge (a) ) becomes horribly lagged at peak times due to the amount of people concentrated around the bank and auction house, not to mention the usual massive amount of people travelling thru and tradeskilling etc.

Theres a 16 hour downtime this week on the servers for major maintenance and as far as i can gather theyre going to try to move some population around.

Basically, the performance is great as long as you pick a medium population server.

• Advertisement
Advertisement