Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collar Surface Piercings

Options
  • 10-01-2005 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭

Anyone here gotten them done before or know anyone who got them done? Been wanting to get these done for a while now & Stephen in Snakbite said he'd do them except the time of year & given the heavy clothes you wear at this time, it's not advisable - just wondering the kind of problems (if any) people who HAVE had them done have encountered???

::: ven0mous :::

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭crash n byrne

is it surface piercings on the back of the neck? if so i have 2. theyre quite easy to get done but the healing time is anywhere from 6 months to a year......oh and cleaning them is a pain too.............and be VERY careful taking off clothes cos mine sometimes get stuck on the lebels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

sounds sore how do u have 2??is this at the very back of ur neck near ur hair line?

*adele* wrote:
    sounds sore how do u have 2??is this at the very back of ur neck near ur hair line?

Yep, right below the hair line. one above the other

cool...is it sore?like very very sore.how did they do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

how did they do it? sounds really cool by the way!

• Advertisement

*adele* wrote:
    cool...is it sore?like very very sore.how did they do it?

I found it relatively painless to have done. all they do is pierce 1 side and let the needle travel between the skin and tissue till its at the right point then pierce out, simple really. But as i said healing takes at the very least 6 months.

The bar is bent into the shape of a staple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

so can you only get this type of piercing done on your neck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

i went to get it done while very drunk(bad girl bad ) but his fog off was my neck mussle was too thick hahahaha

i think surfaces piercings can be done almost anywhere... correct me if i'm wrong

omg sounds sore

• Advertisement

i think surfaces piercings can be done almost anywhere... correct me if i'm wrong

Pretty much but they wont always heal, if its in a place that moves too much then it will never heal. Steve in snakebite has one that nobody thought would work on his upper arm, but its still there after a couple of uears.

i went to get it done while very drunk(bad girl bad ) but his fog off was my neck mussle was too thick hahahaha

They told me i had rhino skin but still got it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

had may nape done for a couple of years and ripped it on one side was damn painful had had to take it out :(
    had one on my forearm too,but it wiggled too much and got stuck on everything!

sickle wrote:
    had may nape done for a couple of years and ripped it on one side was damn painful had had to take it out :(
    had one on my forearm too,but it wiggled too much and got stuck on everything!

The worst thing i find ids catchin it in towels.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Judging by the toughness of the area it shouldn't be too bad. I haven't got it done yet though. Collarbones are great though. There was some discussion of them a while back. Krispie was interested in them. You should talk to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Nice hijack lads, so does anyone have anything for Ven0m? He did start the thread to talk about collar bones.

hmm bulb, lets go back up a little were he was told to chat to krispie(since he was interested in that piercing) also mentioned that sufface piercings (which are what he was asking about) are hard to heal in certain places that the nape of the neck(thats near your color bone) can get ripped out... also there was a warning of towels! that they can catch.... then two young members not really wise in piercings voiced their question which was answered...

so may i ask bulb where was this thread "hijack"ed????(and was done in less than a page....)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

It was taken a little of topic. not exactly hi-jacked.

I dont have them done but i can see some complication with wearing heavy clothing and putting pressure ( a little ) on the piercing. Shouldn't be enough to annoy you. You would have to put up with it anyway if you intend on getting it done.

Post a pic if you get it done. g'luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

I'm going to get them done on Thursday morning - will post up pics soon after.... might be going for 24mm bars methinks.... we'll see how it goes...

nice size i'm a 22m myself conch that is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Pretty much anywhere the piercer can manage to grab a chunk of skin.
    Kenny in Celestial Ring had trouble doing my nape because it was hard for him to get enough flesh to pierce!
    He told me he can tell the difference in skin between meat eaters and vegetarians - meat eaters tend to have more malleable, looser skin. I don't really eat meat so...

OK - this sucks, only ONE piercer in Dublin City will do these piercings for me & that's Steve from Snakebite. Celestial WON'T do them either..... what a predicament!!!!! :eek:

So it's either add another tattoo or find another 'wierd' piercing...... DAMMIT!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Why not Steve from Snakebite?

he's pretty good ya know i seen some pa's and a group surface that he did all very sweet

I've ZERO probs with Steve doing them for me...... just can't believe that places like Celestial & MM wouldn't do them.... Steve is an AMAZING piercer..... just always been very comfortable with Trina from Celestial doing my piercings for me, or Elaine from MM..... and no, it's not cos Steve is a dude!!!!!!!!! I'm picky about my tattoo artists & piercers..... :confused:

At this stage given he's the only one who'll do them, I'm gonna have to bite the bullet & get him to do them this evening for me..... this is gonna hurt, I know it.... LMAO :p

mm is a joke an untrained chimp could do better they refuse so many ppl just because its not a book case piercing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Post pics when you get them done. I wouldn't think they'd be excessively painful myself. I love that piercing. I would have gone for rings though to be honest, even though they'd take longer to heal.

Advertisement