Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People And Names(rant)

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i just cant be bothered going to college today, tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

winAxe / hummingbird seem to want me to pay for them, thats not what I had in mind. Are there any free ones? I'm going to try this one http://www.starnet.com/ but I'm not sure if it will be any good but at least it has a trial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

winAxe / hummingbird seem to want me to pay for them, thats not what I had in mind. Are there any free ones? I'm going to try this one http://www.starnet.com/ but I'm not sure if it will be any good but at least it has a trial
    winaxe has a 30 day trial which u could 'extend' somehow....

anyway if all else fails u can just vnc in, preferably via an ssh tunnel for compression/encryption.
    (done by running vncserver via an ssh session, it will tell u what session number something like :2 or that then add that number to 5900 and then port forward to that port n use a vncviewer to connect to it www.realvnc.com )

Or you can log into your netsoc a/c, open Hummingbird (aka Exceed - have a look in the program files) - then type "gaim" into netsoc.

Apparently you aren't meant to do this too often.

Another way would be to use http://www.e-messenger.net/ - I was getting sick of webmessenger.com anyways, for some reason every time someone replied, windows media opened up. Kept happening, drove me mad...

Oh that reminds me, my amsn isn't working...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

Ok thanks guys. myth that was bang on advice much handier solution.

• Advertisement

Myth wrote:
    Oh that reminds me, my amsn isn't working...
    You whine, you bitch , you moan, but when i actually go have a look it works fine. :rolleyes:

in case anyone cares, which i doubt, i actually went all the way to the maths room (full of geeks) and used gaim from netsoc which worked well. my quest is complete. why i want to use messenger while in college is an all together different depressing story.

on another note, Agent Smith, is there still a society in college which gives free or cheaper sign language lessons or something similar?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

the sign language soc.....

oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

SkyLynx wrote:
    Sure sure, you love it really though
    I never said u hadda like housework, just be good at it , and well plenty of time to be improving ur cooking yet...........
    ugh men :mad: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

ugh men :mad: :rolleyes:
    ;)

SkyLynx wrote:
    You whine, you bitch , you moan, but when i actually go have a look it works fine. :rolleyes:

Meh, it always doesn't work until you have to show it to someone*

no inneundo within this phrase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

I never forget faces even over decades but names are a pain.

My solution? Relevant Nicknames describing a feature of the person. Maybe unpleasant nicknames arent allowed... or something :D

And he said:
    IT SHALL BE! Henceforth I shall be known as yawnstretch to ALL! (Or maybe hunkasaurus Rex?) :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

I never forget faces even over decades but names are a pain.
    My solution? Relevant Nicknames describing a feature of the person. Maybe unpleasant nicknames arent allowed... or something

Yeah, good in theory until one day an old friend from 10 years ago comes up to you and the first words out of your mouth are "jaysus, arsebandit, long time no see".

Or Father Fluffy Bottom...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Fluffylip is one of the lads in my year. no idea of his real name. should really check that out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

looks like its back to spying on the nurses, how else am i ment to keep myself entertained?

Oh get a real hobby!! :rolleyes:

Chick wrote:
    Oh get a real hobby!! :rolleyes:
    eh thats not a bad one at all at all, though usually things go better if one talks to women instead of spying on them...but thats just my opinion...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

SkyLynx wrote:
    eh thats not a bad one at all at all

It's not even a hobby at all!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

it's a fetish.. not a hobby..

• Advertisement

eh it passes the time..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

it's a lifestyle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

So is spending 9 pages picking out clothes for each other, but thats just my opinion. you're one to judge :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Shrimp wrote:
    Oi, take your shining armour elsewhere, kid!

o yeah this is another of chick's lil buddies in to apparently help her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

SkyLynx wrote:
    o yeah this is another of chick's lil buddies in to apparently help her?
    He's the one with his tongue so far up her arse he tastes her breakfast before she does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Pet wrote:
    He's the one with his tongue so far up her arse he tastes her breakfast before she does.

rofl! *pats Pet on the back*

Toot on, son. Toot on!

Advertisement