Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6cent texts

Options
  • 10-01-2005 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hiya,
    Im fairly new here so im confused by the sheer amount of different boards here. Hope this thread is in the right place. Feel free to move it if it isnt.
    Just thought you all might be interested to know that Vodafone are doing these txt bundle things. They are €6 for 100 txts, so 6c a txt. As far as i can see there is no catch, except u can only purchase one each month. You can txt any network though which is cool. Just thought you's might be interested. I just read about it on their website. They take the €6 off your credit so you dont need a credit card or anything to buy them :) enjoy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Cheers thanks for that sounds too good to be true!! will be testing it anyway no doubt a saving is always welcome!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Hey Girls,

Yeah.. this should really be in Moblie phone section :p

But dont worry about it Blinky1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

Cork_girl wrote:
    Cheers thanks for that sounds too good to be true!! will be testing it anyway no doubt a saving is always welcome!! :D

Yeah i thought it was too good to be true too, but cant find any catches to it. They dont seem to have advertised it much yet though, i just saw it by chance on their website. Just bought one though. 6c a txt cant be bad :) Infact it'll save me a fortune as i dont seem to use my phone for anything but texting lately! It'll be interesting to see how long these 100 texts last me! :) spread the word :)

Shrimp wrote:
    Hey Girls,

Yeah.. this should really be in Moblie phone section :p

But dont worry about it Blinky1

Sorry bout that :) Its after taking me ages to find where you moved it to! Sorry bout posting it in the wrong forum though, theres just too many to choose from! :) Didnt even realise this mobile forum was here. Spread the good word about the cheap texts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 ageary2003

o2 have a simlier scheme, its 7.50 for 100 texts, type *105# to get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Dont 02 have a offer that you buy 200 text bundles for 7.50?So your getting 100 free.Im not too sure if this offer is available anymore.

ageary2003 wrote:
    o2 have a simlier scheme, its 7.50 for 100 texts, type *105# to get it.

Cool. I hadnt heard about that one either. Gonna tell everyone I know thats with vodafone or o2. They dont seem to advertise these things much do they? Chancers! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

why would they spend money advertising a way for customers to save money? :)

Yeah i suppose your right Mordeth. Thats why im gonna tell everyone I know to take advantage of this cheap text thing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Anyone know if it works while abroad?

• Advertisement

I presume not.. as different rates apply for aboard texts, they aren't the same as a normal text rate.. this package is only for text meaages to other networks in ireland.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I actually meant texting from abroad to a network in Ireland :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

i think this was posted about 2 weeks ago.. and i find the best way to avail of it is through the website, as you can keep track

right here

oh ok.. I'd say they dont, phone networks love to rip ppl off when they are abroad...

damnyanks wrote:
    I actually meant texting from abroad to a network in Ireland :rolleyes:

Nope, it states that it cant be used while roaming im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

how long do you have the 100 texts? until you use them up or until the end of the month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

I never knew about 6 quid but I had the 8 quid package before.

"This text rate is also open to all existing and new Pay Monthly and Ready to Go Text Add On Customers during the promotional period - until 31/03/05. From the 1st of April, the Text Add On will revert to €8 for 100 messages. Once you have used your 100 Text Add On text messages, all subsequent texts will be charged at the standard Vodafone rates. During this promotional period, there are no expiry dates, so you can carry unused texts forward month to month."

Savage thanks a million!

Personally I'll drop it when it goes back to 8 quid cos you end up spending in advance and either using way too little or too many - too hard to keep track, especially without a new phone that has an outbox u can count with. (Plus I'm on a T1 so webtexts do me fine :D)

Thanks alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

how long do you have the 100 texts? until you use them up or until the end of the month?

There is no expiry date for the 100 texts, take as long as you want to use them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

As I cited above "During this promotional period, there are no expiry dates, so you can carry unused texts forward month to month."

That means when they revert back to 8eu you can't carry them forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

There was an offer on O2 last month also that if you subscribed to their Text Bundles of 100 Texts / 200 Texts for €7.50 / €15.00... and you get the same Text Bundle this month free.

Got my free 100 Texts today... sweet!! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement