Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question?

Options
  • 10-01-2005 8:13pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭

does anyone know how to backup/export mail account setting and contact lists from microsoft outlook 2002?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

forget it. just figured it out.. i hate that stupid program by the way :mad:

i would have prefered not to have used it just to figure that out

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Zena

Hi Slade_x or anyone else that knows,

Would you be able to tell me how you done this - I trying to do this myself at the mo.

I am setting up my Outlook on my laptop- but want the contacts and a back up of mails from my PC - just not sure what files to copy - or what the procedure is?

Thank you in advance

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Zena wrote:
    Hi Slade_x or anyone else that knows,

Would you be able to tell me how you done this - I trying to do this myself at the mo.

I am setting up my Outlook on my laptop- but want the contacts and a back up of mails from my PC - just not sure what files to copy - or what the procedure is?

Thank you in advance

ok..

first open microsoft outlook then go to the file menu and then to Data file management..

now from here you can either trace the path of your outlook folder or just click on "open folder" on the right, then as soon as you're in the folder

Highlight all files ending in ".pst".
    Make sure in particular your selection includes "outlook.pst" and "archive.pst".

Select Edit | Copy from the menu to copy them.
    Create a folder where you want to put your backup copies of these files, then paste them into whatever folder you created...

now you can transfer these files over to your laptop and then,

To restore Outlook mail, contacts and other data from your backup copy:

Select File | Import and Export... from the menu in Outlook.

Select Import from another program or file.

Then Click Next.

Highlight Personal Folder File (PST).

Click Next again.

Now use the Browse button to select the backup copy of the PST file you want to recover from your backup location.

Now make sure the setting - "Replace duplicates with items imported" is selected. (i think its checked by default)

Click Next again and then
    Finish the import process by clicking Finish.

And now all your setting should be successully imported

Advertisement