Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTSC PS2 Problem

Options
  • 10-01-2005 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I just got an american ps2 but the picture on my tv is coming out black and white,can anyone help?or do I need to get an american tv?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Von Manstein

A friend of mine had the same thing happen to him with an american ps2. His went green as far as I remember with MGS2. Anyway he fixed it by changing the settings in the ps2 (as far as I remember). He comes back from America today so I'll ask him for sure when I see him.

Make sure the settings are "pal" not ntsc. Messing around with the settings should solve the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Over here, we use PAL. So yes, you need a yank TV. Or just go into your local TV shop, and ask for a NTSC TV.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Or you could get an RGB cable for the PS2. RGB is a universal standard and should work if your TV supports it. Had the same problem with my japanese saturn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

my tv should support what ? the rgb cable ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

RGB output.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

I think its to do with the Hertz of the TVs. European TVs are mainly 50 hertz, but yank TVs are 60. So things come out black and white if you try to mix a yank PS2 with a european TV and vice versa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭combs

Advertisement