Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

anyone ever get an endorsement?

Options
  • 10-01-2005 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

if so or if you know the consequences of getting one could you tell me please? how much do you think it will add to my insurance? (bearing in mind its for careless driving and i also receieved 5 points) is it possible my insurance company could cancel my insurance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

got one bout 5 yrs ago and had forgot about it till it arrived out on my shiny new full licence last year!!

pain in the arse but it's gone now!!

I'd say with it and the 5 points you'd wanna take your current premium and times it by 5 for the points then multiply your age by the "special" insurance company number of the day and add the 2 figures together and you'll have your premium!!

not recommending this but I didn't tell my insurance you would have to though cos 5 points + not tellin them = no insurance in a claim situation!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

what if i hadnt received my points and i had a claim? does that still count? do points count insurance wise from the time you get given them by the guard or from the time you receive them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

not disclosing points doesnt leave you uninsured, it just leaves you with a 2000/3000 excess, read it in the terms and conditions of a quote i got recently

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

could they not use that as an excuse to not pay out if they decided to though,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

dont think so, they have agreed to insure you, and have also stated to consequences of non disclosure ( the 2k excess in any claim), so they are obliged to cover you for the rest

• Advertisement
Advertisement