Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor 'Roaming'

Options
  • 10-01-2005 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭

Isn't Meteor's handling of roaming on PAYG a bit outdated? I mean all this crap about registering credit cards, topping up by €60, giving dates of travel etc. I'm off out foreign on Sunday and only just realised all that I had to do, it's too late now. I'm gonna have to use an old O2 sim card I have and either try get my phone unlocked (gonna be difficult because it's Sagem) or use an old crock of a spare phone that I have.

Just think that they could make it as easy as O2/Vodafone i.e. just make sure you're registered for roaming and off you go

Comments

Yeah, but there's a price for that ease - you can only roam in selected areas. At least Meteor give you the full selection of countries.

I certainly don't want to tie myself to a contract just to use my phone abroad. My brother did exactly that, switched to pay monthly on Vodafone in order to roam in Canada last March, he's been stuck in the contract since then and will be for another two months.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

The reason is that Meteor's system isn't aware that you made a call while roaming until approx three days after you make it. Therefore they don't charge your credit a/c until then. You could be making hundreds and hundreds of euros worth of calls and then when you find out you owe meteor that amount, you could just get a new number, they could never get it off you if you hadn't registered with them. That's why you have to register your credit card details so they are assured they will get whatever you've spent off you. The e60 is just a precaution as you're likely to use up a lot of money if you make a good few calls when roaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

moshpit77 wrote:
    I'm off out foreign on Sunday and only just realised all that I had to do, it's too late now.

No it's not. I went in 2 days before I went to London for New Years and I got set up immediately.
    Granted I am on a contract but she didn't click to that until the end. She said it would be set up immediately.
    That weeks notice stuff is a load of crap.

Advertisement