Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pistol Import

Options
  • 10-01-2005 8:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭

Good news at last. I can confirm that a 9mm pistol has been brought into the south from the north recently using a prior consent form issued by the DOJ.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Gun Shy

Firstly congrats on the recent purchase and lets hope its here to stay.

Secondly as I have already posted on another thread this was the responce I got when I requested information from the same department in the DoJ. In Short a 9mm but from Germany.

A Few Paragraphs of the usual preamble followed by

"In any event, were an application to be made by you for the importation of pistols as outlined in the attachments of your letter, the Minister would not grant an importation licence for the firearms. In making this decision, the Minister has taken into account that the Oireachtas has, under the Firearms (Dangerous Weapons) Order 1972, declared pistols to be especially dangerous and considers that the importation into the state of such pistols would represent a threat to public safety."

This was dated the 5th. of January and I'm curious as to when yours was issued if you wouldnt mind sharing the info.

Any other info that you would care to share would also be appreciated

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭2112

Gun Shy
    The prior consent was issued early Dec 04.As of today I dont know what the DOJ is doing. I have been told that one application was turned down and the applicant was told as he had a licence for the pistol he didnt need a prior consent/import cert. There is another application that was granted but the cert was not completed properly, so the DOJ were issuing prior consent/import certs.As far as I know from my own dealings with them, the DOJ is again seeking legal advice about section 7 and prior consent. If you can get a dealer in the north that issues on article 7 that is the way to go. Try LOCK, STOCK and BARREL in Armagh. You have to have prior consent for ammunition and the DOJ will issue this to you no problem.

Advertisement