Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

last night cash games

Options
  • 10-01-2005 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

I had the strangest night in cash games last night after an uneventful tournie.

Sat down with 110 and within about 40 minutes I had the guts of 500 a little more i thinks. Got moved to the next table. And drop it all in one hand. Where I flop trip 8's and Stuart calls 50 on the flop and 150 on the turn to hit his flush. (i stupidly call for the rest when he hits) I go out have a smoke and come back in and sit back in for 100 and soon have that back up to 450 or there abouts when my jacks trip up on the turn and i get all my money into a 4 way pot(everyone misses there draws:)) couple of bad hands when i hit second nuts in omaha etc and I end up leaving about even for the night. only really losing sleep.

One hand I do remember from the night quite well was the flop came KJ7, Turn was a 4 and the river an 8. I have 56 in my hand might of been 89 or 78 with it (cant remember, the 56 were the only important cards after the turn anyway) only a little bit of action on the flop and turn and then when the river comes there's still 3 of us in. first guy checks , I think about betting but don't think i should when there are two likly other cards that beat me. Eddie goes all in after me and the other guy calls. Eddie obviously has 9T and i think the other guy had trips or something. It was just one of those hands that reminds you that unless you have the nuts in omaha that you should be overly careful

Oh and also as a little aside. From reading this you should walk away when you quadrulpal your money. but if you lose it and manages to make your money back and have double what your in for, GET UP AND LEAVE(you've been lucky) :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

You're always lucky

Advertisement