Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

24 Season 4 *US episodes* *Spoilers*

• 10-01-2005 9:29pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well first episode is off to a good start.
    The attack at the end was great even if you could see it coming a mile off. Pitty they didn't shoot the daughter there and then (stupid cow should have got in side the house after the first rocket). We could have Jack on a rampage Man on Fire style for 24 hours... ;)

Seriously though better then I though it would be but will have to wait and see how it pans out after a few hours/episodes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Oh man i havent seen it yet but i cant wait.. i cant see it being as good as series 3 tho but we'll see! when are sky1 starting to show it.. might *cough* download it.. im not gonna read your spoiler tho but did you see the first 2 hours (i heard something about the first episode being a double)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Personally I didnt think season 3 was that good. I definatly enjoyed it it was lacking somthing maybe it was just the shineyness wearing off the idea. This series gets stuck in straight away. I was hanging for another hour at the end of this episode.

Personally I didnt think season 3 was that good
    Oh come on!! What about individual scenes like:
    Jack breaking ramon out of prison
    When jack is taken hostage and brought to mexico
    Jack firing the empty gun at chase
    Saunders forcing the president to order jack to kill the ctu agent (and jack doing it!)
    Jack taking saunders daughter hostage and disguising kim as her
    I could mention so many more but I cant think of them right now, I just didnt think the first 2 series had such intense moments, anyway did u see the first 2 hours of series 4 yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭digiman

I seen the first 2 hours of the new season and though that they were brilliant? Jack is back at what he does best. Dosn't give a f*** about anyone else only his family and the job. Can't wait to see the next 2 eps tonight. I have a feeling this is going to be a great series? Does anyone know if fox is still doing the webcast of pure 24?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

They are - it's not called that though. It's 24 Inside. Similar to BBC Choice's old Pure 24 though. It's available at www.fox.com/24 and some torrent sites have a full file rather than a streamed version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭digiman

Thanks for that. Does anyone have the files as I dont have access to torrents. Behind a firewall!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Downloading now ! Cant wait. One problem...I missed the last two episodes from season 3 :(

Can anyone give me details on what happened either in PM or in spoilers ? thanks.

Just finished watching it , very good first episode. It wasnt two hours though...it was normal length or did they just play the first two episodes back to back on tv ?

There are 4 hours of season 4 out atm, dont know why I thought there was only 1!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭radiospan

Just watched episodes 1 and 2 there. This is really killing my download cap this month!

Another good season 3 moment:
    One of the earlier episodes, when Guyel (sp?) gets off the phone with the terrorists and walks out into CTU

I'm liking Season 4 so far, and I was skeptical before hand.
    I'd like to see more familiar faces. Surely there's more than Jack and Chloe?

• Advertisement

plazzTT wrote:
    I'd like to see more familiar faces. Surely there's more than Jack and Chloe?

Apperantly there isnt....but I wouldnt believe that !

Tusky wrote:

TBH Im glad theres not makes it all new and fresh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Watched the first 2 episodes last night (I was only going to watch one, but by the time it was over, I wanted to dive straight into the next one!).

I like the fact that there are all new characters. That way, you don't know who is playing both sides, or who is going to get killed (
    The death at the end of episode 2 being case in point
    ).

Love it so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Tusky wrote:

But...
    ...apparently Tony Almeida will be back later in the season and the wife will be popping in too

Ok - Seen all 4 now and im gagging for more. It is fekkin fantastic so far....

Did anyone else fall in love with 'Debbie' ? She is amazingly gorgeous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Tusky wrote:
    Ok - Seen all 4 now and im gagging for more. It is fekkin fantastic so far....

Did anyone else fall in love with 'Debbie' ? She is amazingly gorgeous!

Apparently Behrooz didnt. BTW, Marianne Taylor is the hottest girl I've seen on TV in a while:

http://tv.yahoo.com/tvpdb?d=tvi&id=1807778432&cf=ph&pgid=1808510506&photoid=556141&pid=10

http://www.jeffnet.ca/albums/album04/Aisha_Tyler.thumb.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

There's a 10-minute taster for Season 4 on Sky One tonight at 22:55, for those not fortunate enough to have broadband..

(Repeated several more times during January, so I'd guess February is when the new series starts showing.)

Just watched the first 2 episodes... they were very very good, this is gonna be a great season..
    I dont like the new head of ctu (erin driscoll)
    She makes too many mistakes (not letting chloe pursue andrew paiges lead, accepting the hour difference from when the train attack happened and when they anticipated an attack)
    Was just getting used to Ronnie Lobell
    before he got killed
    Also
    Got confused at the end of episode 1, the guy handing araz the suitcase looked VERY like Ronnie, turns out it wasnt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

that o'driscoll woman is such a bitch. she shouldn't be in that job at all (but i guess thats why producers wanted her there for the conflict between her and jack). episode 4 ending - damn it jack! he had a good run and now they have the dude on satellite, theres 20 most tense hours to go and i can't wait.

im glad chloe is back and that the new cast is there instead of the old predictable crew we know from the past seasons. edgar is the FBI dude from sopranos and does a very good job as the nervous guy in CTU. rock on episode 5 i say.

how come four episodes were released so soon? i take it the season started airing in the US last Sunday. :confused:

-adnans

Finally got time to catch up on them all. Great so far. Predictible in spots but not in a bad way. Hard say how things will go from here.
    Chloe cannt be taken off the hook or else the odd new chick wont have any hold on Edger. She freaks me out, she's def up to something fairly serious which will end with her getting a good kicking from the big black bloke. The kid is going to **** up the plan for the family as well, knew the mother was a scary bird.

• Advertisement

Rew wrote:
    Finally got time to catch up on them all. Great so far. Predictible in spots but not in a bad way. Hard say how things will go from here.
    Chloe cannt be taken off the hook or else the odd new chick wont have any hold on Edger. She freaks me out, she's def up to something fairly serious which will end with her getting a good kicking from the big black bloke. The kid is going to **** up the plan for the family as well, knew the mother was a scary bird.

use spoilers man...

Edit my quote out of your post...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Good but not amazing so far:
    *I hope they know what they're doing. The "robbery" seems like an excuse to divert the main Jack storyline for a couple of episodes because they haven't go enough material to actually focus solely on one plot.

* Don't like the new boss. I know we're not mean to but she irritates me. Bring back Mr Nuke and Mr Bullet in the Head or Mr Treason. Also the storyline with her kid? Very annoying. It reminds me of Kim and that stupid kid. It's a filler plot, whose only purpose is to try and find an excuse for the boss to get frazzled/make a mistake to push the plot along. It's unnessecary.

* Initially I was irritated when they got the kid to kill the gf. I say a yawnsome plot with him on the run. Thankfully Ms. House of Sand and Fog pleased me greatly :D

* I like the fact there's a new cast. That's going to work well because everyone, Jack aside, is fair dinkum. It was fun to see JackLite get shot down at 8:58AM. Also I'm glad they kept Chloe. Everyone else may hate her but I loved her neurotic, undiplomatic blunt style - "Only with you" hah!

* Fingers crossed they go ahead with the execution to show they have balls. Odds are, with what's happened in the real world, that they won't but we can hope.

So far, it's grand. Typical '24'. Hopefully it'll shape up to be better than S3, which had, IMHO, a middling first third, a poor middle, and a strong final segment of episodes. We'll see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Slightly OT if I may :)

I haven't seen Season 3 yet so am looking to get it on Play, but there seems to be two versions - the Season 3 Boxset and the soon-to-be-released Promotion Edition

Anyone have any idea of the difference - aside from the price? They look pretty similar to me :)

It seems to be a special promotion they are doing on Season 1 - 3, where each season is £17.99

They did this with the X Files too.

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=promo&R=R2&id=885

Supposedly, the contents of the DVD are the same, only the packaging is different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

plazzTT wrote:
    It seems to be a special promotion they are doing on Season 1 - 3, where each season is £17.99

They did this with the X Files too.

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=promo&R=R2&id=885

Supposedly, the contents of the DVD are the same, only the packaging is different.

Cool...works for me!.. cheers for the info :)

Im about to start in to hour 5... :)

EDIT:

Just finished...

If they keep moving at this pace I really dont know how they are going to get 24h out of it. Another great episode, more stuff happening then I can remember....

I wont say more till others have seen it but 12:00-12:10 will be amazing... :D

Anyone know where i can get the first four episodes? I cant seem to fin them anywhere.

• Advertisement

You need to have cousins in america who can record them and post the video over to you.. Or else you could use bit torrent

Repli wrote:
    You need to have cousins in america who can record them and post the video over to you.. Or else you could use bit torrent

The monkey made me ask.

I know that its just that I cant seem to find...

I would stop asking, maybe even edit your post before you get banned...

Episode 5 was good but not as good as the first 4...however it sets us up for a fantastic episode 6 by the looks of it.
    cant wait for some jack Vs the whole compound before the missiles hit action
    should be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

The next episode is being "posted to me" tonight. This seems pretty popular so yis should know I've suggested a 24 forum in the forums section. A subsection like the Big Brother one from last year.

The first 4 episodes were better than I expected. No real stand out OHMYGOD moments as of yet but it seems to have started out well. The series definitly went downhill last season but I messed up setting the video one night i was out and missed an episode and them missed the repeat so I lost track of the series.

I found it was much more enjoyable watching the episodes on DVD all together so you have that contstant "God I want to watch the next episode NOW" buzz going on. Makes it feel a lot more "real-timey" too which is the main reason I love this show.

The way I see it though is that if you take the series as a whole and not in comparison with the other series you're gonna enjoy it better. The first series was revolutionary and had an actual original concept so it's no surprise the next two seasons didn't get the critical acclaim and fan acceptance the first series recieved.

Series 4 has had some predictable bits
    the mother poisoning the girl for example
    but the
    robbery was a kind of "well that's obvious but they're not likely to do that, that's ridiculous" kinda feeling to it, so when they did it was a genuine shock

Btw Chloe's part has gotten more interesting and she's more crucial this season and less annoying.

The new boss lady pisses me off cos she's too artificially stupid and angry

Tusky wrote:
    Episode 5 was good but not as good as the first 4...however it sets us up for a fantastic episode 6 by the looks of it.
    cant wait for some jack Vs the whole compound before the missiles hit action
    should be great.

Totally agreed. Thats actually going to be somthing special. Better not cop out in anyway though or I may not watch the rest of the series and id hate to lose faith so early :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Ep.5 was merely okay:
    * Felt that the robbery situation from last week was too hurredly resolved. It really struck me that, as I said last week, the writers were just trying to think of a reason to prolong the episode and have Jack storm the compound at the last minute.

* Chloe better not be gone. I'm her biggest, and possibly only, fan...

* Anyone hoping they have the guts to kill the Hellers? Jack coming in, saving the day, just seems too lame... Something more interesting has to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I agree ixoy ep 4's robbery was FAR too quickly resolved. Plus Chloe is the only really good character in it this season.

The ending is a very good cliffhanger. Kinda reminds me of him going to save Kim in series 1.

And yes I hope Heller gets killed. I assume he will. The season has to have a huge pretext and I don't think the Seceratery of State being kidnapped is big enough and the trial isn't dramatic enough to carry the show unless they carry out what they're threatening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

Ok, couple of things... torrents... Don't know if this linking is allowed so if not, please delete mods and accept my apology! If not, I found a web page that updates the torrents of new episodes of 24.

[MODEDIT] Guess What?............... It's not. See the forum charter.[/MODEDIT]

• Regarding old characters popping up - in episode 1, jack meets chloe in ctu and mentions that chase and kim just bought a house in Valencia. Initially, I thought Valencia, Spain but later in episode 3, Jack rings Chloe looking for help with the satellite coverage. She asks where is he and he says that he on orchid road, about 4 miles east of Valencia. Coinsitance!!! I wonder! Will chase pop in or kim get kidnapped again or something?!?!?
    • Head of CTU is wrecking my head. Just let jack back in play! You can see jack is making the right decisions and she's just going against them for the sake of it.
    • Never really liked chloe but she isn't as annoying this season.... yet!
    • Some good scenes so far... jack shooting terrorist in the leg, the ken bigley lookalike scene (will they have the guts to show a similar type killing, i'm not sure), etc. Shaping up to be a cool season!

I watched the first 4 episodes in a row. I hate waiting for the next episode but whatcha going to do! I picked up the other season box sets and watched them one after another. Finished watching a season after a few days! I wish I had all episodes of this now... aaagggghhhh :)

DJB wrote:
    Ok, couple of things... torrents... Don't know if this linking is allowed so if not, please delete mods and accept my apology! If not, I found a web page that updates the torrents of new episodes of 24.

Links will get you banned, depends alot on the mod but I would edit em out...

You make some intresting points about Kim etc.

Liked episode 5. The scene where
    Hasan realises that he is being followed (cop reaching for gun, getting a call, and then letting him go, followed by the suicide) was great stuff. Its a pity the leadup was so retarded (the idiot stopped behind a car on a totally deserted road and started blowing the horn - why not go around the car in front?)
    . Looking forward to next episode. The next phase of the story has to begin next week, given that the fate of the Hellers will more than likely be resolved.

My predictions for future episodes -
    I imagine Driscoll will be killed/fired/resigned sometime in the next 3 or 4 episodes, and Tony and Michelle will be back - they are scheduled to return in the next few weeks anyway (and the first thing they'll do is bring Chloe back). I can see a retarded story thread with Maya Driscoll going walkabout, and everyone looking for her. Finally, Dennis Haysbert (Palmer) has been signed up for the last 6 episodes, so I think the main arc of the story will involve Keeler somehow.... Oh, and I guarantee that Dina and Navi will be killed by Behrooz - I can see that coming a mile off.

• Advertisement

Brilliant stuff so far, heller trying to commit suicide, etc
    Is nobody else wondering what else the turkish guys have planned, loads of references to "This is only the beginning" etc, And the president of america 40000 feet in the air and no sign of landing any time soon hmm =D Theyll go after him next, I loved the tension with debbies mom at the front door, really thought she was dead, and berus realising he had nothing left so went on his mom and dads side.
    My prediction for episode 6:
    Jack goes in, heller gets shot (But its not broadcast on the net) and he rescues audrey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

Repli wrote:
    Brilliant stuff so far, heller trying to commit suicide, etc
    Is nobody else wondering what else the turkish guys have planned, loads of references to "This is only the beginning" etc, And the president of america 40000 feet in the air and no sign of landing any time soon hmm =D Theyll go after him next, I loved the tension with debbies mom at the front door, really thought she was dead, and berus realising he had nothing left so went on his mom and dads side.
    My prediction for episode 6:
    Jack goes in, heller gets shot (But its not broadcast on the net) and he rescues audrey

I disagree with the following comment Repli:
    "berus realising he had nothing left so went on his mom and dads side" I think berus did this to save her life. If he didn't step in and get rid of her, she was a dead women. I have a feeling he will change sides down the line! Maybe!

Good prediction! We will see! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

daveirl wrote:

oooooh, how? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

I've just seen an ad on Sky for Season 4. The start of the ad says "After Day 3..." and then
    it shows Jack in Driscoll's office, and she tells him that she's taking him off field ops. Then Jack walks out and the advert ends.

Maybe I'm forgetting something, but was this scene ever shown in an episode? Or was it made especially for an ad?

I thought that in Episode 1 of Season 4,
    Jack had already been taken off field ops.
    And Driscoll wasn't in Day 3.

plazzTT wrote:
    I've just seen an ad on Sky for Season 4. The start of the ad says "After Day 3..." and then
    it shows Jack in Driscoll's office, and she tells him that she's taking him off field ops. Then Jack walks out and the advert ends.

Maybe I'm forgetting something, but was this scene ever shown in an episode? Or was it made especially for an ad?

I thought that in Episode 1 of Season 4,
    Jack had already been taken off field ops.
    And Driscoll wasn't in Day 3.

This isnt a spoiler.. so yeah anyway that bit wasnt shown in episode 1 of series 4, however its part of an introduction to series 4 that can be found on the series 3 dvd as an added bonus

Day 4 starts 18 months after Day 3. Driscoll started just after the end of Day 3 (obviously Tony wasn't going to be kept on after what happened). Some months after Day 3, Driscoll fires Jack for 'having a weakness' (his old heroin habit). So she's the new boss, and he's working for the Secretary of Defense.... as for what happens next, you'll have to wait and see!

Repli wrote:
    This isnt a spoiler.. so yeah anyway that bit wasnt shown in episode 1 of series 4, however its part of an introduction to series 4 that can be found on the series 3 dvd as an added bonus

Oh okay. I've been watching the US episodes, by the way.

The news that Jack was fired came as news to me in Episode 1, I thought it should have had spoiler tags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Yeah, they showed that prequel to series 4 after showing the repeat of the last episode of the last series on Sky One tonight. It was an added bonus on the series 3 DVD, but apparantly only on the Region 1 version, unfortunately. Sky obviously lifted it straight off the DVD to show in that little prequel bit and edited it to show as an ad as well.

Have to say, I loved the bit where Erin says to Jack
    "I can make some calls, help you find a new position"
    and Jack simply replies
    "Thank you, Erin........ but I can find my own fu*ckin' job!"
    and walks out of her office. When I saw that I thought, "WHOA, sh!t! I wasn't expecting him so say that!" :eek: Go Jack, you tell that b!tch! :D

Just wondering, is this a sign that '24' is about to get even more edgeier?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

when are RTE planning on showing this???

• Advertisement
Advertisement