Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live problem

Options
  • 10-01-2005 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Lads

Am I having problems connecting to Xbox Live..

I used to use it along time ago during the Irish trial but my account/username was deleted once the trial ended. As a gift, Microsoft gave me a new serial code to register with for 12 months. I did not use this yet..

Since then, I have had my Xbox modded using the Xecuter Mod Chip but did not change out any of the individual components.. I tried connection to Xbox Live this evening and the Xbox is not even detecting that a network cable is plugged in. I know the cable works as I unplugged it from my PC (I am using the same cable now to connect to Boards for example).

I am also fairly confident that the NIC works on the Xbox as I was FTP'ing stuff onto the Xbox last week to try out the emulators.. I was first of all thinking that maybe the modchip installation possibly damaged something but then remember the above..

The modchip has a control panel soft of thing attached to the front of the xbox with 3 dip switches labelled "Bank", "Flash Protect" and "Chip Enable". There is a third dip Switch labelled "LED On/Off behind these.. Do these have to be set to anything in particular for it the Xbox to be able to connect to Live?

Hope someone has a suggestion.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

I dont have xbox live but i have alsow been asking Qs. A have u upgraded the amount of memery in the xbox?
    aperently if u have used xbox before you upgrsde the memery, it balls up xbox live.
    B have you even disabeled the chip (if it is an exacuter 3 the swith is on the litle panle in front i think) . The switch is for disabling the chipp to play on live.

I hope I helped you (probly not) but anyway :rolleyes:

Flunked

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Nope changed none of the components. Just modded it out of curiousity to be honest and for emulators..

So you reckon that just switcing the chip off is sufficient?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If you play on live with the chip enabled you'll probably get banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

make sure u dont play halo2 on live. apperently it can cause huge hassle (like no more acount mr.modded guy, and dats a years membership gone down the drain).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Turn your xbox around and look at the back, is the network light one ?!? if you have it plugged in and the other end is on that your plugging it into then its getting no signal from whatever your plugging it into the light will be off. Which means either the net cable is knackered, the pc/router is knackered or the xbox network card is knackered. Other than that there is no reason i know of that the xbox dash would say there is no cable plugged in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement