Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 sim Problems

Options
  • 10-01-2005 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭

I can't make or recieve calls or send or recieve any
    messages from my phone even though it shows that I have full coverage.
    Each
    time I try to send a text message it cannot be sent or says "Sms Barred".
    If I try to check my credit it says "Network Problems", anyone who tries to
    call me goes directly to my mailbox although my phone is on and has full
    coverage. If I try to make a call I get silence then a load of beeps. :confused:

Other than that I have full access to my Sim and information on it, however
    I
    seem to have no access to the O2 network except I can connect to GPRS and
    send MMS.

Other O2 phones nearby work perfectly and other similar O2 sim cards will
    work in my phone, however my sim will not work in other phones even though
    they are unlocked.
    It seems to be a sim problem.

My T630 displays an icon that says I can't take calls.
    What the hell is wrong and what do I do
    Considering O2 customer service is absolutely <insane expletive deleted> :mad:

Thanks

Comments

I had a SIM problem with O2 back in July 2003, my old Esat SIM bit the dust. I couldn't call any 087 numbers for some weird reason, lol.

I called them up thinking it was a problem with the phone but the rep stated that there may be a problem with the SIM card, for some reason she was shocked that I still had an Esat SIM. She asked me to try it in a different phone, which I did. After that they confirmed that it was a SIM fault and told me to go to an O2 store to get it replaced.

Your best bet would be to take the phone to an O2 dealer and explain the situation, they should be able to do a SIM change for you, but you might need to call O2 yourself and quote the new SIM card's code.

The replacement SIM I got was excellent, it could hold 40 messages! Usually 20 is the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

Ya thought that was the problem thanks
    Will I lose my credit and credit due
    (10E per month til October !!!)
    coz I registered 2 new phones last september - october !!

No, your credit is applied to your account, not your SIM. The only thing you will lose is your phone numbers and SMS messages, but if you can transfer the numbers to the phone you'll be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

thanks
    yep did that and it worked but now I can't check my credit
    It says "network problem" again.
    and the check balance prompt isn't in the o2 menu in my phone anymore ?

Yep, that's fine. I had that problem too, my old Nokia 3310 would say "Not done" when I tried *100#. It takes about 24-72 hours to sort itself out after the SIM replacement takes place.

The O2 menu in new SIM cards is different to the old ones, it has a few other things such as an 061 number to dial if you have no coverage. It doesn't have the Check My Balance item anymore.

• Advertisement
Advertisement